Job Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
An opportunity has arisen within the team for an Accounts Payable assistant to join the Finance & Accounting Operations Team with one of our clients. The Accounts Payable and Financial Control Team (AP & FCT), forms part of the wider UK Service Centre function and is responsible for managing Accounts Payable, Inter-company, Banking and Rebilling processes.
Reporting directly to the Head of AP, the role holder will understand core accounts payable functions, ideally with recent experience of working within a busy shared service centre/accounts environment.
This role will primarily be supporting the Senior Accounts Payable Assistants and learning the PO system and processes to support Operations. Key goals will be ensuring the quick turnaround of all invoice processing and internal queries.
While the points noted below form the core of the role, we expect the ideal candidate to be flexible and supportive of the business needs as they evolve.
• Gathering utilities usage data from supplier portals and other UK contact points for input into our system.
• Reviewing vendor master data requests (Creations & Amendments) for accuracy, before passing on to Global VMD team for input.
• Processing of Invoices within the SUN accounts system.
• Support the operational business in resolving PO related queries.
• Manage the resolution of aged PO match exception queries and invoices rejected for no PO, no pay.
• Working directly with and providing support to the senior members of the Accounts Payable Team.
• Required to liaise with others inside/outside the department in a proactive and reactive manner in order to provide or obtain information to keep people informed so that work is completed effectively
• The job holder will also build relationships and contacts to facilitate future exchange of information.
Required skills and experience:
• Good IT literacy skills including Excel to an intermediary/advanced level (Sums, V-Look-ups, Pivots etc)
• Minimum 1-2 years accounts payable experience, ideally within a shared service centre environment.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and may be amended by the Company at any time.