We are delighted to be representing an exciting, growing and family owned construction based company based in Milton Keynes who are currently on the search for their next Accounts Payable Assistant. This is a permanent full time opportunity, and one that presents itself to flexibility and variance across both Accounts Payable and Accounts Assistant duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing subcontract invoices, payment requests and credit notes.
- CIS returns and subcontracting accounts payable experience is essential.
- Month end accruals for subcontract accounts payable
- Code invoices and arrange for manager approval, check and confirm payment authorisation
- Manage payment runs and supporting cash flow management by prioritisation of supplier payments and regular reporting
- Supplier statement and control account reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, tax regulations and internal policies
- Cover for Accounts Payable assistant as required
Skillset and Experience
- Essential are prior Accounts Payable experience and CIS/sub-contractor management experience
- Ability to accurately enter information into operating system is critical
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively to achieve monthly targets and deadlines
- Technically skilled across system and Microsoft Excel/Teams/Word/Powerpoint
- Experience of query and issue resolution
- An understanding of Evolution accounting system is desirable, but not essential
- Flexible and enjoy an open, varied role.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills - be a team player
- Professional approach to confidentiality
- Enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Free Parking
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Healthcare scheme from first day