My well established client is currently looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant to join their team on a 9 month maternity cover.
Experience using Sage 200 is preferred however training will be provided if you have experience on other Sage products.
09:00 - 17:00
- Process purchase ledger Invoices, ensuring all invoices are paid/processed in line with company procedures and loaded into Sage 200
- Set up BACS payment runs for authorisation as and when.
- Liaise with suppliers and internal department to resolve any queries
- Load any card/bank transfer top ups ready for authorisation when requested
- Receive and check staff expenses within company timescales
- Post/scan and submit expenses to payroll once authorised
- Process any purchase orders received.
- Post direct debit payments to Sage 200
- Process newspaper reports making any amendments in company bespoke system
- Pay off newspaper codes in company bespoke system
- Create Self bills for newspapers
- Rush Insurance monthly declaration
- Monthly reconciliations – petty cash, all company credit/debit cards
- Clear codes monthly from bespoke company system ensuring figures are correct, post to Sage 200
- Monthly creditor reconciliation, ensuring nominal matches purchase ledger
- Fixed Assets, update and save all invoices
- Ensure purchasing/expenses mailbox is monitored frequently
- Continuous reconciliation of GBP Santander bank account, this includes review of reconciling items and taking appropriate action to minimize the number of outstanding transactions in company records
- Continual review to maximise process efficiencies and maintain process notes
- To perform additional duties appropriate to job role as and when required
- Solid experience in accounts payable
- Experience of using Sage 50, 100, 200 etc
- Previous reconciliation experience notably Bank reconciliations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numerical and problem solving skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills