My client is looking to recruit an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their well established business on a six month temporary contract with the view for extension.
You will be responsible for processing purchase invoices received from suppliers, ensuring all invoices are recorded accurately, appropriately authorised and paid on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilise electronic invoicing software to review and post invoices and credit notes onto supplier accounts for payment within agreed terms.
- Invoice matching, coding and distribution to management for authorisation
- Interact with suppliers and relevant departments internally to resolve invoice queries and disputes.
- Process direct debit/standing order/letter of credit payments through purchase ledger when information received from bank statements.
- Execute supplier payments in a timely manner – BACs
Skills and Experience:
- Basic PC skills (Excel, Outlook)
- Working to high degree of accuracy
- Able to work under pressure to deadlines
- Prioritising and organising own workload
- Able to resolve queries quickly and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build strong relationships internally
- Ability to contribute to a harmonious team working environment
- Providing accurate information first time with attention to detail
- Time Management skills to enable effective prioritisation and decision making
- Experience of working in a busy Purchase Ledger environment
- Experience of Qube (desirable)