Reed Accountancy are delighted to have been engaged in recruiting a talented Accounts Payable Manager to join a well recognised organisation in the Public Sector. This is a Full-Time position based in Central Edinburgh. My client are currently going through an exciting period of change which means the successful applicant will support the delivery of the companies Finance Operational Strategy.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Journals – posting and approval
- Bank and General Ledger Reconciliations – completion and approval
- BACs payment runs, foreign & manual and cheque payments – approval
- Escalated AP and invoicing queries
- Monitoring AP payment performance & invoices on hold
- Finance champion and Subject Matter Expert on Payables and the P2P project
- Produce monthly KPI pack for AP
- Assist Senior Financial Accountant with bank and balance sheet reconciliation reports
- Utilisation of strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with colleagues, suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure expenses are recognised and recorded in line with public sector accounting standards
- Ensuring accurate and timely expenditure allocation through journals, invoice payment processing and financial adjustments using Oracle R12
- Planning and organising workload – managing and prioritising your own workload to ensure optimal delivery of overall team objectives
- Work closely with other HEO Finance Managers to deliver FAST objectives
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager as required, including month end activities, annual audit & accounts emergent priorities
The successful applicant will have the ability to maintain excellent supplier relations, have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, suppliers and key stakeholders. You must have proven experience operating an Accounts Payable function and managing both payment performance and AP team performance.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, fantastic holiday entitlement and industry leading employee benefits.
If you are interested in this position and would like to have a confidential conversation. Please call Craig Sinclair on 0131 226 3686 or apply direct. Please note, shortlisting and interviews will take place in early February so we thank you for your patience throughout this recruitment process.