I am currently seeking an Accounts Manager for a friendly practice. They are looking for someone on a full time, permanent basis. My client offers a bonus scheme where you share in the company’s overall profits.
- Liaise with a portfolio of clients to ensure that they are happy with the services provided.
- Meet with existing clients to go through final accounts, pre-year-end tax planning meetings.
- Bring to clients’ attention ways in which we could help them further – demonstrate the benefits of the additional services we provide and issue Extra Work Orders upon agreement for us to undertake extra work.
- Maintain billing arrangements.
- Control workflow. Review & control impending deadline for Companies House & HMRC.
- Maintain & develop systems to ensure consistent delivery of services at the highest standard.
- Manager Accounts Assistants and help with their support, training and development.
- Deal with emails in & client queries as required.
- Review accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Review quarterly VAT returns, mainly for limited companies. This involves working with spreadsheets, Sage, Xero, Kashflow, QuickBooks etc.
- Prepare and review business tax computations to identify the taxable business profits, including correctly claiming tax relief on fixed assets (for all types of business entities).
- Draft & review (via Accounts Assistants) covering letters & supporting paperwork with the final accounts and business tax computations to client.
- Liaise with payroll and tax department.
- Prepare and review relatively straightforward personal tax returns using IRIS.
- Tax planning regarding extraction of funds from a company in the most tax efficient manner
- Prepare & review invoices using our software.
- Update the CRM system.
- Review electronic in-tray and deal with tasks/post in as necessary.
- Update your time sheet.
- Attend management & team meetings and contribute ideas and opinions.
- Renew fixed price agreements and log profit/(loss) on each job.
- Help with maintaining the database on our website.
- Attend both technical and practice management training events (external & internal).
- Meet with potential new clients and quote for our services using our pricing software.
- Prepare & review forms P11D (months April to July only).
- Assisting the partner with various administration and sales and marketing tasks from time to time.
- Attention to detail
- Leadership & management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Client focused
- Good marketing, sales & leadership skills
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and work under pressure
- Willing & quick to learn
- Can work as part of a team
Previous experience needed:
- Recent relevant experience in an accountancy Practice
- Experience of managing staff
- Experience of managing a client portfolio
- Experience of IRIS and XERO