We are looking for an experienced Accounts Person to join a busy company in West Ipswich on a fixed term contract.
You will be reporting to and working closely with the Finance Director in a role which is both varied and hands on. The role will involve the following key duties:
· Weekly payroll
· Month end reconciliations and costings, including accounts to trial balance
· Overseeing the purchase and sales ledgers
· VAT Returns
· Prepayment and journals
· Fixed asset register and maintenance
· Inter-company and bank reconciliations
· Cashbook management
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role who can demonstrate strong attention to detail whilst working in a methodical and organised manner within our busy department. We are looking for an individual who is confident taking ownership of tasks, problem solving any issues, whilst remaining calm under pressure.
Strong IT skills including intermediate level excel, word, and understanding of accountancy software is essential. Experience of payroll software and the construction industry would be preferred, but not essential.
What the company offer
· A modern and friendly company.
· Full-time hours, with a good work life balance. Flexibility on hours will be considered.
· Free onsite parking
· Competitive salary, dependant on previous experience
o Full-time, Contract
o Salary: £23,000.00 to £27,000.00 /year
Accounts and Payroll: 2 years required
Sage Software Accounts Package: preferable
Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00 to £27,000.00 /year
supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
accounting: 2 years (Required)