About the Client
My Client are a well-established oriental wholesaler and retailer who have been around for over 50 years. With stores across London areas such as Alperton and Tottenham, they have successfully built a wide customer population and gain excellent reputations among customers. They are a multi-product retailer selling over 5000 varieties of products and serving over 25,000 customers per week.
About the Role
I am looking for a tenacious, hands on and customer focused individual to join our team in our head office in Tottenham as an Accounts clerk with to look after the Purchase and Sales Ledgers.
Salary: From £21,000 - £24,000 per annum
Position: Accounts Clerk
Hours: 9am to 5:30pm with 1 hour lunch break.
- Posting up to 200 invoices per day to the Purchase Ledger on Sage 200
- Ensuring all store codes are correct on invoices to support Branch Accounting
- Processing returns notes and ensuring credits are received
- Dealing with foreign currency
- Reconciling supplier statements on a monthly basis and ensure a correct payment figure is advised
- Setting up new clients
- Producing invoices
- Banking and reconciliation
- Chasing up outstanding debts (not always the easiest part of the job)
- Sorting out any rebates and filing
- Checking VAT has been included on invoices
- Providing creditors with VAT receipts
- Experience in use of a mainstream accounting package
- Previous experience dealing with Sales and Purchase ledgers Numeracy & accuracy is paramount
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Must have the legal right to work in the UK (without sponsorship)
If you feel as though you have the relevant experience for this role please apply