A surging company based in Farringdon, London are seeking an Accounts Assistant with a previous experience using Sage to join them on a temporary to permanent basis. The successful candidate will enjoy great work-life balance (35 hour week), excellent working environment with modern offices, days off at Christmas, and a discretionary 15% annual bonus.
It is essential that the successful candidate has experience using Sage and is immediately available to start on an initial temporary basis of circa two months.
• Purchase ledger: Entering invoices/remittances/payment run
• Sales ledger: Raising invoices/chasing overdue accounts
• Assisting with month end accounts
• Daily pricing of customer jobs
• Daily Payments to customers
• Daily Preparing metal transfers
• Daily Bank reconciliation
• Monthly petty cash reconciliation
• Monthly expenses
• Monthly Supplier payment run
• Multi-currency bank reconciliation
• Monthly Intrastat
• Monthly recharges intercompany
• Metal account statements
• Use of in house database Navision daily
• Ad hoc duties
Person Profile, Skills and Experience:
• Good communication skills on all levels.
• Strong numeracy, quick learner.
• Capable of working in small busy office.
• Able to work on own, must be organised and able to prioritise workload.
• Must have Sage line 50 accounting software experience.
• Experience of using Databases, Microsoft word/excel, electronic banking.
• Minimum 3 years accounting experience.
Please apply without delay to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
Reed offers unique benefits to all temporary workers being paid PAYE by Reed, these include:
Access to free training
This is to ensure you have the full range of skills to meet our clients' needs.
Reed Discount Card
When you register on reed.co.uk/temp you are entitled to benefits through the Reed discount card scheme. We have joined together with several trusted partners to give you access to discounts off a wide range of products and services. These companies include Virgin Experience, National Express, David Lloyd Leisure and Thomas Cook Direct. Click for more information on the Discount Card.
Paid holiday scheme
Reed also offers paid holiday to temporary workers. The scheme offers a maximum of four weeks or 20 days paid holiday per year.
Statutory sick pay
Should you fall ill for four consecutive days following 13 continuous weeks of temporary assignments, you may be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from Reed.
Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) is a government scheme administered by Reed on behalf of the DSS. There are a number of rules and procedures to be observed.
Stakeholder pension scheme
Setting up a pension is an excellent way of planning for the future, and with this in mind, Reed has appointed the Independent Financial Advisers, Thomson's Benefits Consultants Ltd, to make a new stakeholder pension easily available to you.