Reed accountancy are working exclusively with this leading construction firm who are recruiting for an accounts assistant for a Maternity cover on a 12 month fixed term contract for 20 - 25 hours.
This privately owned SME is well established having been in business for around 25 years and based in Clevedon just off the M5.
The ideal candidate would be reliable with common sense and able to think on their feet. They would also need to have a strong background in transactional accounting and will take ownership of the supplier ledger.
The role would represent a great opportunity to get involved in a varied range of duties and hone your skills for the future.
Reporting to the financial controller your main duties would include:
- Create new supplier accounts
- Raise Purchase Orders
- Checking prices
- Resolve any queries between purchase orders and supplier acknowledgements
- Check Goods received to Dispatch note and notify PM’s
- Match goods inwards to purchase orders
- Register Process purchase invoices in accordance with company procedures
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Resolving queries with suppliers
- Prepare suggested payments for Approval
- Process payments on Vixen in preparation for Bank upload
- Stock Control
- Keeping Component database on Accounts Package up to date
- Reconcile Credit Card Statement
- Assist with Credit control
- Assist with chasing due and overdue retentions
- Assist with CIS payments/verifying and reconciliations
- Any other Accounting duties given by the Financial Controller or Directors to aid with the running of the business
If this sounds like an ideal opportunity for you, APPLY NOW and we will be in touch with all suitable applicants.