Our client, an award winning independent film production company, are looking for junior Accounts Assistant to join their company. Due to the success of their productions and increased demand for quality entertainment programs, this is a new role, working in a fast paced environment to assist with the accounting for the various productions.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with at least 6 months experience in an accounting role to grow and develop in a very exciting environment with excellent benefits.
This is a permanent position paying £25,000.
Accounts Payable & Sales ledger
- Inputting invoices into the accountancy software
- Preparing payment runs on a weekly basis
- Sending out client remittances
- Dealing with queries from suppliers
- Reviewing supplier statements & chasing any outstanding invoices not received
- Reviewing aged creditor reports on a weekly basis.
- Raising Sales invoices
- Posting all payments from the bank daily
- Preparing bank reconciliations on a weekly basis for the Main bank accounts
- Raising inter account transfers between bank accounts as requested by management
- Dealing with all cash requests
- Updating petty cash and logging floats/expenses on a daily basis
- Produce a reconciliation of the petty cash on a monthly basis.
- Actioning credit card purchases
- Logging all transactions onto credit card reconciliations
- Applying for new credit cards and cancelling old ones
- Reconciling cost reports
- ·Ad Hoc other responsibilities such as assisting with management accounts.
- At least 6-12 months previous accounts experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong accuracy skills with the ability to multi-task
- Outgoing with a 'can-do' attitude - essential