Reed Accountancy, Ipswich are thrilled to be again working with this global business.
Our client is accountancy and business advisory firm, who provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. They operate in 17 locations across the UK, employing 6,000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. The global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 92,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $10bn.
• An Accounts Assistant role will involve working closely with, and supporting senior members within the team, and assisting in the timely delivery of services. You will develop your existing understanding and experience in processing and reconciling transactional information, completing complex prepayments and accruals journals to prepare sets of Management accounts and VAT returns. You will have a rounded business knowledge, able to analyse client data and make recommendations. You will also get involved in ad-hoc work which may include supporting businesses transitioning to digital accounting packages, suggesting applications that could aid efficiencies and answering client’s and the rest of the teams day to day queries.
• The team are responsible for a variety of tasks and are so important to the firm because of the relationships we have with their clients. These can often lead to additional opportunities for the firm to support the clients in growing their businesses.
• Management Accounts experience required
• Experience with accruals, prepayments and data analysis are essential
• Experienced at VAT return preparation
• Good current working knowledge of one or more accounting packages such as SAP, Xero, Sage or Quickbooks
• AAT qualified/equivalent experience
• Good working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office - Excel is considered essential
• Numerate and knowledgeable on accounting principles (i.e. double entry bookkeeping/prepayments/accruals)
• An understanding of how cloud based OCR technology works
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, able to liaise with people at all levels including clients of the firm
• High attention to detail and accuracy skills
• Ability to work efficiently alone and as part of a team to deliver work on a timely basis, in line with clients strict deadlines and to the required standard
• Good problem-solving skills, and able to use initiative
• Self-motivated and able to multi-task and prioritise
• Has strong time keeping discipline and can be flexible.