REED Accountancy are working exclusively with a well-established business based to the south of Norwich. My client is seeking someone who has played a pivotal role in taking full ownership of the Purchase ledger, Payroll and Credit Control functions. In this role you will also be required to support the administration function when needed but will report directly to the Finance Manager.
This is a pivotal position within the company, and you will be playing a key role in ensuring deadlines are met whilst maintaining high standards of work.
This position will initial be working from home and may continue to offer this flexibility when the restrictions are lifted. My Client is seeking an individual who can self-motivate by applying hard work and a want to succeed. Ideally you will have the drive to progress your accounting career internally as my client will be supporting you financially should you have the desire to do so.
If you are someone that wants to be invested in and be able to give back to your employer, then check out the spec below. Please apply if you have experience of at least three years in the below positions/tasks:
• Responsible for Purchase Ledger - including management of email inboxes supporting supplier invoices and subsequent approvals, invoice matching to PO’s, invoice coding ready for processing, reconciling supplier statements, and supporting dealing with queries
• Maintenance and reconciliation of the aged creditors and aged debtors.
• Responsibility for credit control; ensuring debts are collected on time
• Purchase Order processing; raising Overhead PO’s for the UK Business
• Processing and reconciliation of colleague expenses
• Cash book maintenance: posting of cash book transactions, reconciling all bank accounts, and update of the weekly cash flow forecast.
• Balance Sheet reconciliations of relevant areas of responsibility, including but not limited to Debtors, Creditors, PAYE and other payroll balance sheet accounts, expense accounts, etc
• Assisting the Finance Manager with relevant month end processes and other ad hoc tasks as directed
• Sorting of incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any related queries
• Updating and maintenance of the commissioning spreadsheet along with posting of associated journals
• Adhoc office and administration support tasks as required, including relevant training of new colleagues
• Liaise with payroll companies for the processing of the monthly payroll and year end HMRC reporting, along with responsibility of payments and preparation and submission of PAYE returns
• Record benefits in kind for fiscal year end reporting to HMRC
• Calculate and submit VAT returns to HMRC, and deal with VAT related queries
• Arrange for and support the business with logistics (including freight)
• Other ad-hoc duties as required.
More details can be provided. Please apply online with your up-to-date CV if you have the relevant experience and would be interested.