Senior Accounts Assistant - Newmarket - £25,000-£30,000 per annum
Are you passionate about horses and / or the racing industry? Do you also have accounts administration experience and a strong understanding of transactional processing? Then this could be the role for you..
We are currently recruiting for a prestigious and historic racing industry institution, based close to the town centre in Newmarket. This client is looking for a driven and committed individual, with considerable accounts administration experience to join their established team in a permanent position.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this role will focus on the Accounts Payable function, however will also see the post holder becoming involved in a number of other duties, and covering for other members of staff, thus allowing them exposure to a wide range of duties.
Alongside the duties below, the post holder will take an active part in sales days (mostly between September and December) where they will be expected to work extended hours (time in lieu given) along with the rest of the finance team.
Duties to include:
- Daily processing of supplier invoices
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Preparation and processing of weekly supplier payment runs
- Posting supplier/customer contras
- Responding to internal and external queries on invoices and payments
- Reconciling supplier statements and resolving any queries
- Processing business credit card expenses
- Payment and maintaining record of political and charitable donations
- Posting property rental income from self-billing invoices
- Raising ad-hoc non-auction related customer invoices and credit notes
- Producing monthly statements to be sent out to customers detailing their outstanding balances
- Providing month end sales ledger outstanding balances reports for account holders
- Maintaining and reconciling petty cash floats
- Dealing with customers, face to face, on Sale days, to include taking card and cash payments
This is an unusual role, however also an exceptional and unique opportunity to work for a world renowned organisation, a true leader in their field.
This role requires that candidates have strong accounts experience, however equally important is the commitment to the organisation and being happy to work the required hours on sales days. These days will require extensive contact with the public and with internal and external customers - it is therefore necessary that candidates have a pleasant and professional approach, excellent attention to detail and an enjoyment of a busy and lively environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity for somebody with the required attributes and experience. In return for the commitment required, and excellent salary and benefits package is available to the right candidate, which includes a generous annual bonus.
Please apply now for more information