REED Accountancy Reading are currently seeking an Accounts Assistant to join our client based in Ashampstead
Working in a small yet busy team, this role reports into the Finance Director and will be working predominantly on Accounts Payable with the view to take on additional duties over the coming months.
Experience working within an Accounts Payable role is crucial as this position will be taking full ownership of the accounts and liaising with suppliers to resolve all queries, as well as communicating with other members of the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join and established business at a time of exciting growth that will give you the opportunity to expand your accounting knowledge.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Creating purchase orders
- Checking purchase invoices, gaining approvals
- Matching suppliers’ invoices (PO’s, delivery notes, etc.)
- Entering suppliers’ invoices onto System
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Preparing weekly payment run for approvals
- Processing of staff expenses
- Collate all payroll information for external payroll team
The ideal candidate will have a sound knowledge of Excel including Pivot tables and be comfortable working on new systems.
Due to the rural location of the business you will need to be a driver with access to a vehicle as the office is not located close to any public transport.