Role: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 per annum + study support
Location: Central London
Working hours: 9.00 – 17:30 : 37.5 hours per week
I am currently working with an established and growing Engineering Consultancy who are looking for a bright and passionate Accounts Assistant to join a small, professional and supportive Finance function.
This is a busy transactional role with a focus on communicating across the whole business and wider group, along with external suppliers and clients for anything Finance related across Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Credit Control.
The main duties of the opportunity will include:
- Matching, batching and coding of Purchase invoices
- Processing employee expenses across the business
- Assisting with supplier statement reconciliations
- Managing and responding to supplier queries
- Raising, investigating and chasing PO numbers as required
- Processing client receipts and managing a monthly AR tracker
- Credit Control via phone and email
- Dealing with daily cash allocation and any client AR queries
- Preparing the Accounts Receivable report for month end close
- Chasing, entering and processing weekly staff timesheets
- Supporting management and project teams with any further reports & information when required
This is a fantastic opportunity to start in a business that promotes growth and progression in time. It would really suit someone who has gained some initial experience in Accounts Payable or Receivable/Credit Control who is keen to take that next step into an all-round Finance position.
Due to the internal and external communication required, you need to be a confident communicator both written and verbally, this is a small team so you need to be flexible and adaptable but will gain great exposure to broaden your experience.
Should you be already or interested in studying a professional qualification in Finance, the business will offer study support including 2 days off per exam and the cost.
The position will initially be 1-2 day in the London offices and the rest of the week remote working, this is contracted 37.5 hours per week.