Accounts Assistant – part time – 14-16 hours per week (hours increasing to full time in a couple of years) flexible on full days or school hours.
Reed Accountancy are pleased to be working with a well-established construction company to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join a small team in a varied accounts role that will involve month end accounting and offer professional development into management accounts.
Duties will include:
• Month end trial balance and a strong understanding of debits and credits using Sage 200
• Month end reconciliations
• Calculation of VAT returns
• Nominal ledger reconciliations
• Oversee the purchase ledger and cover if necessary
• Deal with supplier queries
• Reconciliation of accounts
• CIS payments and returns
This job would suit a current AAT studier at level 3 or 4, from a smaller sized company background with experience of all round transactional accounts and month end preparation of accounts.
Ability to problem solve, good attention to detail and a willingness to learn. This role will offer the opportunity to develop into monthly management accounts and reporting.
Benefits include: free parking, pension, healthcare, illness protection and 24 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays