I am currently working with a great organisation who are looking for a temporary accounts assistant to join the team on a minimum 3 month basis. Full time Monday- Friday, 9am-5.30pm. Parking on site
- Receive and book invoices in real time and accurately
- High volume invoice processing
- Liaise with the Purchasing department, OPS teams and Suppliers to solve queries
- Prepare payments runs for subcontractors timely and prepare payment reports to support cash forecasting
- Allocate payments and update supplier accounts
- Reconcile and book petty cash for stations monthly.
- Reconcile supplier statements on a regular basis
- Ensure all related purchase orders are cleared
- Participate with month end closure
- Prepare and book general journals (accruals & provisions) regarding the allocated accounts and Parts suppliers.
- Provide Support to enable the successful update of the accounts payable system to close off for each period end
- Generate and maintain a weekly overview of expenditures per supplier and site
- Prepare budget and forecast for allocated accounts, suppliers
- Opening and registering of the post and distributing to relevant Departments
- Ad hoc duties for smooth flow of Finance team
The ideal candidate
- Clear communication skills
- Strong understanding of accounting procedures
- Good organisational skills.
- Numerate, analytical.
- Delivery focused with strong time management
- Strong computer skills
- Be immediately available