We are working with a fantastic company in Bishops Stortford whom have been operating for over 160 years.
They are looking for an accounts assistant to join their accounts and administration team.
The position will include primarily the preperation of timely and accurate manifest reports that record all goods being shipped. These manifests will also calculate and record all freights charges applicable to raise sales invoices. The role will also involve posting of purchase ledger invoices on to their sage accounting system.
You will be required to act as cover for some of the duties of the finance analyst.
- Prepare manifests for review by Finance and Logistics Director and then forward to the relevant area
- Prepare other manifests, such as Post, for review by Finance and Logistics Director and then forward to the relevant area
- Create invoices from manifests and input Sales ledger invoices onto Sage Sales Ledger
- Reconcile Manifest to Invoices raised and agree manifests to Purchase Order file & General Ledger
- Produce Certificates of Shipment
- Raise freight invoices for customers in the UK and issue Bills of Lading for shipments
- Raise other sales ledger invoices
- Prepare statements & ensure payment of invoices received (credit control)
- Input supplier invoices onto Sage Purchase Ledger
- Print off, code and post online statements & invoices (Global services)
- Agree PDQ spreadsheet monthly
- Resolve queries from Stanley Office - manifest, payments, receipts etc.
- Control Stationery stock and orders
- Produce Manifest, raise invoices to customers, post to Sage Sales Ledger and chase the receipts
- Raise and post Journal vouchers to Sage General Ledger when required
Act as cover for the Financial Analyst to:
- Raise any ad-hoc BACS or priority payments through our online banking system (HSBC net)
- Supplier Payment Runs processed
- Check for receipts due
- Set up new users onto the Bank
- HSBC quarterly charges per Company
- Ensure all cashbook entries are posted through sage
Key Candidate Attributes
- Experienced Office Administrator and Accounts Assistant
- Energetic, enthusiastic individual with good commercial acumen and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven and has attention to detail
- A good team player who can develop relationships at all levels
- A good general knowledge of Excel, and accounting systems and procedures
- Experience of using Sage accounting system
- Experience of online banking, preferably at an administrator level
- User of other Microsoft products, such as Outlook and Word
Hours: Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 3.30pm
We look forward to your application!