My client based in Durham are looking for an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to join the team on an initial interim contract. The successful candidate will be offered a full permanent position upon hitting set targets.
You will be assisting the Management Accountant and Financial Controller on a daily basis and ensure that all finance work is processed accurately and on time.
- Assisting in the preparation of accounts
- Cash handling and banking
- Clerical duties and maintaining cash book
- Maintaining ledgers (purchase/sales)
- Assist the senior finance staff on projects within the accounts department
This position is suited to someone who wants to move into or develop a career in accountancy, AAT entry level or an eagerness to develop in a finance position is the level of this position.
You will be joining an established team so will have plenty of opportunity to learn in a number of areas of accounts/finance.
You must be willing to study your AAT qualification, be a strong communicator and committed to your personal career development.