Would you relish the opportunity to work for Merton College, one of Oxford’s leading Colleges?
Can you contribute in a team based environment, communicating effectively with those around you?
Reed Accountancy Oxfordshire are working exclusively on behalf of Merton College, who are looking for a motivated, approachable and highly capable Bursary Clerk to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working on a variety of finance processes and systems, as well as supporting colleagues in the Finance Bursary.
In brief, your responsibilities will include:
• Processing accounts payable invoices.
• Responding to queries from suppliers.
• Reconciliation of supplier accounts statements.
• Generating BACS and cheque payments.
• Processing battels (charges) to Fellows and other senior members of staff and chasing payments, as required.
• Answering enquiries from students, Fellows, staff and visitors at the Bursary counter.
As the ideal applicant, you will bring a sound understanding of finance procedures gained from practical experience over recent years and excellent interpersonal skills.
The salary for this full-time appointment is between £25,000 to £28,000 depending on accounting knowledge and experience.
Benefits include: 38 days holiday including bank holidays, OSPS pension scheme, free meals when on duty, use of the fitness room, access to on-site parking and private medical insurance.
To be considered for shortlisting, please provide your CV and a covering letter that clearly demonstrates how you meet the selection criteria listed in the further particulars.
Merton College are keen to interview in the near future so if you think you have the skills necessary for the role then please do not hesitate in applying.