Accounts Assistant - Central Cambridge - £24,000-£28,000 per annum
A leading technology company, based in central Cambridge currently have an exciting opening for a career driven Accounts Assistant to join them on a permanent basis, taking responsibility for a variety of duties.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role will include the following duties:
- Responsibility for the central purchasing function, posting transactions in accounting software Xero, and reconciling deliveries against purchase orders
- Enter all credit card purchase invoices, and match them against purchase orders
- Maintain a detailed record of all credit card transactions and reconcile all company credit cards each month
- Book advance travel and hotels, including all travel for monthly all-staff meetings, and post transactions
- Reconcile the hotel business account statement to invoices to ensure accurate coding to departments
- Reconcile the travel account statement and prepare the monthly report for retrospective management approval
- Build and maintain the supplier roster
- Prepare remittances for suppliers and reconcile supplier statements to ledgers as required
- Provide purchase ledger accounts support to the Finance team, including payment and posting of supplier invoices, and payment of staff expenses
- Support the Finance team with bank reconciliations and assist with the preparation of month-end accounts
- Provide general administrative support to staff as required, particularly to those remote from the office
- Support the Finance team with processing and filing financial paperwork
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organisation with a very exciting future ahead. They are looking for a confident and pleasant individual, studying for either AAT / ACCA /CIMA, and with some existing accounts experience.
You should be career focused and looking for a step up, and in to a position which will give you the opportunity to learn and develop. Full study support will be provided.
You will join a small but efficient accounts team, and should be capable of working as part of this and the wider office team - flexibility and willingness are absolutely essential, as are excellent communication skills.
Candidate must also have a good level of education (Grade C or equivalent at GCSE Maths and English), as well as a good level of IT literacy.
This company is based in the centre of Cambridge, parking is provided however is restricted. The company offers very flexible working hours and an excellent salary and benefits package. Please apply now for more information.