Job title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £22,000 - £27,000 per annum
Hours: Full-time - Monday - Friday
Our client is a highly successful Fund Administration business based in the City. Due to continued growth, they are currently looking to recruit bright and ambitious graduate Assistant Accountants to join their Real Estate and Private Equity Fund Administration teams.
Reporting to an Assistant Fund Accountant, the successful applicants will work in a large team servicing the needs of a portfolio of clients.
This is a very progressive opportunity with a company that take great care to provide ample opportunity for growth and career development.
- Ensuring that all permanent files are adequately maintained for existing and new customers for clients
- Preparing bank reconciliations for all client accounts
- Updating the financial system (SUN Accounts) for all transaction related activity including the recording of sales and purchase invoices
- Preparation and amendment of management accounts produced by the team
- Administration work including the preparation of call notices, distribution notices and dealing with new applications for subscriptions into client funds
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with strong technical accounting skills. It is important that you have an interest in reporting and other accounting challenges that are faced by Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Fund of Fund firms.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to draft reports and professional business correspondence as well as present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are required for this role and exposure to SUN accounts or a similar accounting package is also key.
A 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in accountancy or related subject is required for this graduate opportunity alongside a good spell of practical work experience post graduation. The company offers full study support for both ACCA and CIMA and is an excellent training ground, with lots of opportunity to learn and develop your skills whilst studying towards your professional qualification.