I'm currently working exclusively with one of the oldest and largest charities in London, who are looking for a Part Time Accounts Assistant for 3 days a week. With beautiful offices set in the heart of London, you will be proud to say you work for such a wonderful company with 100's of years of history.
The successful candidate will be joining an existing team of 4 i.e. Chief Accountant, Financial Accountant, and two Assistant Accountants.
The Accounts Assistant’s core responsible will be:
- Entering all of the bank, purchase ledger, sales ledger transactions
- Bank reconciliations (approx. 20 accounts)
- Purchase and sales ledger management including new account set up and credit control
- Petty cash
The position reports in to the financial accountant although there will also be some supervision by an assistant accountant.
- Good Sage 50 and Excel skills
- Good understanding of VAT
- To be comfortable working in a multi entity environment ie 6 companies and 7 charities
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Relevant experience in the not for profit sector.