Are you looking to join a payment Organisation?
Are you seeking the opportunity to progress and develop within your career?
Do you want to join a company which values their staff and offers exceptional benefits?
If so, this role could be for you!
Reed Accountancy are currently representing a fantastic payment company based in the City of London who are looking to bring on board an accounts assistant to join their team. Our client specialises in the payment market and has been operating since 1981 delivering their services to Individuals and businesses throughout the payment market. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven Individual to join a growing, forward thinking organisation with the opportunity to further develop alongside an established manager. This role will suit an individual who is looking to progress within the payment market and has previous experience working with payment businesses.
The role will be reporting directly into the management accountant working alongside a team of four and would suit a candidate who is looking to progress and further develop within their career. As a part of the Accounts assistant role you will be responsible for the day to day duties below and ensuring the timely delivery of set business objectives within the team. As an overview you will be responsible for:-
1. Ensure the reconciliation of the inter change file and settlement report; perform bank reconciliations.
2. Downloading Web-edi and SIA reports in a timely manner in currency order, recording chargebacks, preparing journals and completing MSC reports.
3. Improving the FX rate procedures agreed by THQ.
4. Provide assistance as required in the completion of the annual financial accounts to ensure correct disclosures.
5. Ensure that financial explanations are provided in a way that is easy to understand for non-finance team members.
6. Support the preparation for the annual audit as required.
7. Prepare ad hoc reports that address operational requirements.
8. Perform other related tasks as assigned by management and to meet business needs.
9. Comply with policies and procedures.
Our client is offering £24,000 and full study support with 25 days holiday as well as a contributory/non-contributory 6% pension scheme.
The ideal candidate will be from a payment background and have experience working within a similar role, or seeking to transfer their skills as a progressive step forwards into this post. The successful candidate will possess an excellent eye for detail, a can do attitude and a willingness to deliver key business objectives in a timely fashion. In order to apply for this role you will need to ensure that you meet the below criteria:-
1. Strong accounting skills and understanding of accounting processes
2. Intermediate or advanced proficiency in the MS Office Package; excellent excel skills
3. Demonstrable analytical and data interpretation skills
4. Strong presentation skills, articulate, able to communicate clearly at all levels
5. Resourceful in resolving issues and solving problems, leveraging resources to get results
6. Excellent verbal, written and communications skills.
7. Ability to work independently and take initiative
8. Strong planning and organising skills
9. Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth; shares learning
10. Must have a clean credit history and no criminal record