Reed Accountancy are representing an excellent organisation in the Education sector for the role of Finance Assistant based in Pontefract, Wakefield.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, you will be working as part of a Finance Team of 5 in order to provide a high quality, efficient, effective and supportive finance service the organisation.
The role is a full time role, on a permanent basis with a salary of £17,670 - £18,720 depending on experience.
Assist with the work of the Finance Team as requested, which would include:
· Liaising with a wide range of people, both internal and external to the college/trust (eg staff, students, suppliers, auditors etc), regarding financial matters.
· Processing transactions on the finance system, obtaining appropriate authorisation as required.
· Process orders, obtaining authorisation and dealing with queries.
· Process purchase invoices, obtaining authorisation and dealing with queries.
· Process sales invoices, obtaining authorisation and dealing with queries.
· Checking statements, filing.
· Pursuing outstanding orders for goods and enter comments on the college finance system.
· Processing payments on the finance system in accordance with agreed timescales.
Cover payment desk duties to include:
· Accurately enter receipt details on to the college finance system.
· Balance receipts and cash on a daily basis, liaising with other members of the team.
· Assist Finance Manager with ad hoc tasks as necessary.
· Undertake other duties as requested.