Reed Accountancy are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join a large and successful organisation based in Brentwood. My client is looking for someone to work on a full-time, permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to learn how a large organisation works and have to opportunity to develop as this company will provide study support for ACCA or CIMA.
Job title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £18k - £22k
The role will be:
- Cash allocation of payments
- Preparation of monthly reporting packs
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Investigating balance mismatches
- Supporting the year-end financial audit
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Coding of invoices
- Reconciling supplier accounts and preparing aged supplier account listings
- Processing the BACS payment run and allocating to invoices.
- Performing periodic bank reconciliation
- Preparing month end cash book and journal
- Preparing the monthly bank reconciliation
- Ensure reconciling items are cleared on a timely basis.
- Preparation of VAT workings/returns
- Tax compliance with HMRC
- Other ad-hoc requirements.
- Must have experience within Accounts
- Must be able to work with own initiative
- Must have confidence to produce business development ideas
- Studying AAT/ AAT Qualified
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Attention to detail
- Experience doing a similar role.
Interested? Please apply now!