Do you like the sound of a £24k salary, flexi-time and a 20% pension contribution from your employer?
REED Accountancy is delighted to be exclusively recruiting on behalf of our client, a non-departmental public body based in South Antrim who are seeking to appoint an Accounting Technician to replace a retiree. This is a fantastic opportunity offering exceptional benefits and a flexible workplace culture.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Technician will work alongside a small team of Accounts personnel to maintain accurate accountancy records and prepare financial documentation. Duties will include:
- Providing financial data to assist in the preparation of budgets, periodic accounts, income and expenditure analysis and other key financial information as required by the Director of Finance
- Reconciliation of financial information
- End to end management of purchase and sales ledgers
- Preparation of month-end journals for accruals and prepayments
- Month-end reconciliations including petty cash, purchase ledger etc.
- Occasional payroll processing
- Processing a variety of bank transactions
Standard working hours are set at Monday - Friday, 9:00AM - 5:00PM. This employer also has a flexi time policy in place.
- Accounting Technician Qualification (ATI, AAT etc) or equivalent
- At least 2 years' relevant experience within the last 5 years in a computerised accountancy environment
- IT-literate with the ability to use accountancy systems, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Effective communicator (both oral and written) with the ability to analyse and present information
- Effective team contributor
- Payroll experience (end to end processing)
- Competent and experienced in the use of Sage 200
This is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed. If this sounds like the role for you, apply today. For more information or a confidential chat, call Chris Burns on 02890 330604.