A very good Accountancy Practice is looking for a Bookkeeper / Management Accountant to grow its team.
Reporting to the Manager responsible for client’s accounts, this role involves maintaining and updating client records with all aspects of bookkeeping and also on occasion, the preparation of Management Accounts.
The incumbent will have primary responsibility for the VAT Returns and bookkeeping for a range of clients including sole traders, limited companies and partnerships who come from a wide range of industries and vary in size.
The successful applicant will:
• Maintain and update client’s accounting records (mainly on Xero software)
• Accurately prepare VAT Returns and submit them to HMRC
• Prepare Management Accounts as required.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with clients
• Support colleagues and clients as necessary
Although members of the team have their own client responsibilties, all are required from time to time to assist and support when other staff are on annual or sickness leave. The role is mainly office-based but there could be occasions when it may be required to travel to client premises. Support is available from the immediate manager or Director but it is expected that basic bookkeeping functions and processing, including analysis of transactions, will be done with minimal support.
The successful applicants will need:
- Recent Accountancy Practice experience - essential
- Self-discipline to work efficiently toward meeting VAT return submission and Management Accounts reporting deadlines - essential
- Sound experience of bookkeeping and preparation of VAT Returns - essential
- A good knowledge of VAT - essential
- Management Accounts experience – essential
- Good effective communication skills - essential
- Experience of Xero Cloud Accounting Software - preferred
- Experience of Receiptbank or similar OCR software, Sage Line 50, Microsoft Excel & Word, Quick Books and other accounting software - preferred