My client, based in the centre of Norwich, are seeking an Accountant to join their friendly, local, professional firm on a permanent basis. This role offers flexible working for candidates seeking full time hours. All measures have been taken to ensure safe on-boarding can take place and the successful candidate will be joining a team who are well prepared and equipped to manage in the current COVID19 situation.
A fee earning position, the Accountant/Bookkeeper will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of clients and required to maintain their financial records, preparing and completing tax returns.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Complete VAT returns
- Preparation & review of statutory accounts, corporation tax computations and management accounts
- Perform payroll function as appropriate and process incoming/outgoing payments as required
- Provide effective bookkeeping services, producing timely and accurate information, primarily using Sage, Xero and Quickbooks
- Offer support and advice on financial controls and process improvements adding value where possible
Skills and Experience required:
- Part or fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with prior experience working within accountancy practice or on a self-employed basis
- Experience of cloud accounting packages would be highly desirable combined with good excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client skills with the ability to communicate with business leaders
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, holiday and pension and have the benefit of working within the city centre. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply online with a copy of your CV. For more information, call 01603 622392 and speak with Eleanor Schader.