A small accountancy firm based in the centre of Leatherhead are seeking a newly qualified Accountant.
They cover all aspects of accountancy including accounts, audit, tax, payroll and bookkeeping. Clients include owner investment property, construction, professional services, retail and hospitality and various others.
As a Qualified Chartered/Certified Accountant you will have your own portfolio of clients. You will be clients first port of call for professional advice, meaning that there is a wide range of demands placed on the role. You will be responsible for managing your portfolio of clients.
• Work succinctly across a range of clients
• Preparing accounts for clients, including preparation of corporation tax returns and personal tax returns where appropriate
• Bookkeeping for clients, including the use of cloud-based software. For example, Xero and Kashflow.
• Preparing management accounts and other reporting documents required by owner-managed businesses to assist with their day-to-day running of the company.
• Personal and corporation tax planning, to the level expected of a qualified accountant.
• Any other ad hoc business advisory services when necessary
• Work closely with other members of the team to develop your skills further
• We are looking for someone who has qualified in Practice and understands the needs of a General Practice accountancy firm
• Qualified ACA or ACCA
• Somebody who has a detailed understanding Cloud based accounting packages, and how the industry is changing (ideally Xero).
• Somebody who is proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Somebody who isn’t afraid to hit the ground running and learn within a small but fast paced team
•Good commercial awareness is a must – ideally the candidate has seen a wide range of businesses.
• Someone who is Professional and has client facing experience.
• Full UK Driving Licence