Reed Finance are currently working exclusively with an Oxford college to recruit an accountant for their finance team.
This long established and highly regarded Oxford College are seeking a permanent member of staff who may be qualified or qualified by experience to undertake the following duties -
- Deputise for the College Accountant in their absence, maintaining the smooth running of the Accounts function.
- Assist the College Accountant with monitoring cash flow and management of the College’s bank accounts and related bank facilities.
- Responsible to produce quarterly management accounts, supervising other members of the finance team who provide inputs to the process and liaising closely with the budget holders to investigate budget variances.
- Assist the College Accountant with the preparation of the annual accounts for audit and take the lead in dealing with day to day questions from the auditors.
- Oversee the efficient processing and correct allocation of all financial transactions, preparing journals adjustments as necessary.
- Oversee the completion of key balance sheet control account reconciliations on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Document, and if necessary, develop, internal control procedures for the main transaction cycles, as well as more specialist transactions such as student fees, payments of grants, scholarships, bursaries and allowances to students.
- Day to day administration of month-end routines to trial balance of the subsidiary companies
- Prepare the budgets, quarterly management accounts and annual audited accounts for subsidiaries.
- Assist the College Accountant in the maintenance of the College fixed asset register and any other more complex areas such as VAT accounting.
- Assist the College Accountant with system improvement projects such as developing a suite of management reports and enhancing payroll processing.
To be considered you will be a qualified accountant or qualified by experience with relevant experience with management accounts, month-end and helping to improve processes/systems. There is a preference for experience in the public sector/education/charity sectors but this is not compulsory.
The College offer a 35 hour working week plus an extensive range of benefits including generous holidays and very generous pension scheme.
Does working in an Oxford College appeal? Do you have experience in the above areas? If so apply now!