|Location: OAKHAM, RUTLAND||Salary: 20.00 - 25.00 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 5 months ago||Reference: 3052218|
REED Finance have an excellent opportunity for a CCAB qualified Accountant to join a local council. The purpose of the role will be to support the Finance Manager delivering on key projects and to provide an efficient and effective financial management service to the Council.
Accountancy and Financial Management support for the Council. Provide sound financial advice to budget managers and senior management ensuring awareness and compliance with Legislation, Council Policies and Procedures and Professional Standards. Contribute to the delivery of an innovative, forward thinking Financial Management Service. Ensure the accurate and timely completion of required government financial returns.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Complete statutory grant claims, returns and reports, ensuring appropriate information is collected in a suitable format.
- Advise and assist colleagues across the Council on financial accounting & management practices.
- Identify funding opportunities and support the Directorates in making applications for funding.
- Monitor and promote best practice in financial management within the Directorates and across One Council.
- Liaise with other partners and stakeholders on financial issues, including representing the authority at relevant meetings.
- Maintain and improve systems to receive and deliver financial information.
- Undertake special projects and Council-wide accountancy tasks under the direction of Finance Manager.
- To be aware of your responsibilities under the constitution of the Council relating to financial and contract procedure rules.
- Liaison with staff across the Council and outlying establishments, with Auditors, Inspectors, and with other relevant Government departments and external organisations.
- Undertake corporate lead for one or more of the following tasks:
a. Financial training
b. Finance business planning
c. Systems development
d. Finance element of Internet
e. Insurance/Banking and Treasury management
This role is to start ASAP, immediate interviews, paying between £20-25 per hour depending on experience.
Essential CCAB qualified, desirable CIPFA qualified.
40000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
BRECON, POWYSRead more
30000.00 - 35000 GBP Per Annum
BASINGSTOKE, HAMPSHIRERead more
35000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
HASTINGS, EAST SUSSEXRead more
40000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
CROWBOROUGH, EAST SUSSEXRead more
55000.00 - 65000.00 GBP Per Annum
CITY OF LONDON, LONDONRead more