Reed Accountancy are currently recruiting for an experienced Qualified Accountant on an interim basis for a Solihull based organisation. The role will be initially working from home, but as and when suitable following the guidelines from the government, it will be office based in Solihull.
Duties will be specified by the Team Manager(s) against an agreed plan and will focus on the delivery of quality accountancy services to customers, officers and members. The standard of accountancy services to be delivered will be set across the Financial Operations Division. Duties will include to:
• Work as directed by the Finance Manager or Senior Accountant to deliver priorities including but not limited to the delivery of the Medium Term Financial Strategy, priorities and any other major projects.
• Provide high-level technical expertise or professional advice, to maintain and/or develop systems and processes to support compliance with the relevant legislation and statutory duties and to facilitate the delivery of effective services.
• Provide accurate and timely information to Members, Directors, senior and service area managers and other finance staff.
• Prepare reports of a high standard to appropriate decision making bodies, relevant to the role.
• Apply technical expertise/professional analysis to high level problem resolution to guide the decision making.
• Ensure that all financial policies, processes, practices and systems are operated and implemented in accordance with the relevant requirements.
• Contribute to the development of financially related policies and procedures to improve quality of service delivery.
• Identify and implement opportunities to improve budget setting, monitoring and final accounts processes, including the long term financial planning.
• Provide advice, guidance and training on the operation and implementation of external regulations and statutory requirements and internal financial regulations.
• Use other sources of information/knowledge/expertise as required to deliver objectives and ensure own technical knowledge is up-to-date.
• Effectively interpret detailed information gained from a range of sources and apply necessary judgement to create clear, concise and meaningful management information.
• Lead key meetings as required by the role to deliver the required outcomes, providing appropriate challenge when required.
• Review financial implications of reports to ensure quality and accuracy.
• Monitor and record output against performance targets, take any corrective action and/or inform manager as required.
• Act as a representative for the Head of Financial Operations, Corporate Director of Resources and the Deputy Chief Executive and the Resources Directorate as a whole.
• Deliver the tasks agreed annually in your performance agreement and make the most effective use of own available time.
• Work with relevant people to facilitate the delivery of team objectives.
• Any other appropriate duties as and when required.
To be considered for the role you will need to be competent in working with large budgets, up to at least 20 million. The role requires a Qualified accountant from a CCAB qualification or they may consider a Finalist. You will need to have advanced excel skills and an excel test will be part of the interview process to test capability.