£20 - £24 per hour
A leading technology business in Cambridge are looking to recruit an Interim Accountant for an initial period of 3 months. As the role is to help with workload during a systems implementation, this could easily extend and could become permanent for the right person.
You will work in a team of 3 and report directly to the Financial Controller. Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day oversight of the management accounting system to ensure it is up to date, accurate and reflects the financial status of the business
- Ensure all ledgers are kept up to date and al balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations are complete
- Produce weekly cash flow forecasts
- Ensure all relevant Company filing is kept up to date for the UK, Poland and the USA
- Chase debtors when required
- Analysing foreign currency exposure and recommending action
- Produce monthly accounts to strict deadlines - consolidation of group accounts and reporting on COGNOS to Head Office.
- Process VAT returns, Intrastat returns and EC Sales list
- Liaise with overseas accountants and teams
- Year-end audit work
- Prepare year end management accounts for audit; for UK financial reporting purposes, with supporting documentation
- Liaise with auditors as needed
Due to the complexity of tasks involved in this job, it may suits someone qualified in ACA / ACCA or CIMA. Candidates with the relevant experience are still encouraged to apply.
If you are available at short notice and enjoy working at a fast pace within a small team, then please apply today.