Reed Accountancy are currently recruiting for a permanent Accountant for our Tamworth based client. Details below:
Duties and responsibilities:
• Accounts payable, including obtaining authorisation for purchase invoices, matching with requisitions and raising purchase orders, entering, and regular supplier payment runs.
• Accounts receivable, checking sales invoices against customer purchase orders, producing invoices, credit control and ensuring timely customer receipts.
• Process expense payments.
• Process company credit card transactions.
• Process payroll, pension and benefits updates.
• Assist in month end process and preparation of monthly management accounts.
• Assist internal and external auditors with queries.
• Assist in maintaining an organised finance department ensuring records are stored and maintained appropriately.
• Assist in year-end process.
• Provide cover to the Finance Manager as and when required.
• Work within the confines of the Data Protection Act 1998; respecting the rights of Data Subjects and ability to exercise confidentiality at all times.
• The role requires flexibility with hours of work at month end and year end and when it may be necessary to work longer hours to meet strict deadlines.
• Assist with other tasks as needed and assigned by the Finance Manager.
• Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation.
• Maintain a good working relationship with other departments.
• Assist in other areas of the company's operations (within capabilities) and other duties as required.
• Account management experience with an understanding of accounting principles and practices.
• AAT qualified or part qualified (ACCA or CIMA) or equivalent work experience.
• IT literate with working knowledge of Excel (formulas, macros, look ups etc) and sound knowledge and experience of using finance systems.
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrable numerical skills.
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Please apply if you are interested in this fantastic opportunity