Reed Finance are delighted to be partnering with a leading real estate development, investment and management company on their need for a Service Charge focused Qualified Accountant. The businesses strategic focus is to invest in markets and real estate sectors with good growth potential. By combining its key strengths, the Group has established a track record of award-winning projects, and delivers consistent and high returns across real estate asset classes.
If you are looking for your next Accountant role this is one not to be missed...
My client is expanding its investments in Europe and requires additional resources for its Finance department. The role is to support the Finance Manager and Financial Controller with ensuring a consistently smooth set of accounting functions, acting as a link between the Finance and Operations teams based in the UK.
You will be responsible for the provision of financial accounting, management reporting and business partnering support for one of our commercial assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Timely month end closing, inter-company reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly management reporting, monthly bank reconciliation and quarterly audit schedules;
- Ensuring timely preparation of full set of financial statements for audit;
- Handling tax matters (such as VAT and corporate/income tax);
- Budgeting and forecasting; internal control and compliance; serving as a key driver for implementation of Group policies, processes and systems;
- Performing credit reviews for potential tenants and suppliers; providing financial project management support for asset management initiatives and development projects.
This role requires a fully-qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA accountant, who has good knowledge of local accounting standards and IFRS. Must be well-versed in MS Excel able to do more than Vlookups and Pivot Tables e.g. financial models
The role involves frequent liaising with various parties such as HQ Finance Team, the local Asset Management Team, external consultants, auditors and external property managers/operators – hence good verbal and written communication skills are required.
The candidate should be hands-on with a good eye for detail, responsible, well-organised and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Experience in the real estate/property industry, service charge accounting and IFRS exposure are all must to be considered.