This role is a unique opportunity to get into the exhibition sales industry.
My client targets the huge self build and home improvement market through 8 successful consumer live events, from their South Birmingham location.
Their specialist brand has the ‘back up’ of our Digital and Print platforms who we work closely with on a daily basis creating total media packages in a high volume environment.
They have a vacancy for an Account Manager who can outbound prospect for new business and develop key business relationships to exploit currently untapped revenue opportunities.
You will be required to generate revenue by contacting prospective new clients (focusing on customers interested in their new events and existing shows) as well as managing large accounts you will inherit from a provided database.
The successful candidate will be:
• Commercially-aware and driven
• In possession of a strong track record in media or sales environment
• Be self-motivated to achieve personal targets
• In possession of excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Confident, engaging and out-going
• A strong relationship builder & natural at consultative sales
• Work within a close team
• Able to close to deadline
• Face to face account handling
• Consistently delivering 7.5 hours call time each week
• Effective use of Salesforce/Netsuite CRM system to record calls, activities and effective pipeline management
• Ability to work weekends around show dates
• Performance against personal and team targets (focus on new business)