A fantastic opportunity to join a successful local team of an international business. The role offers a good basic salary and the opportunity to earn bonus.
The focus of the role will be to grow and look after your substantial existing clients, as well as looking to develop new accounts. You will have full accountability for the profitability, service and product mix, account penetration and growth of own customer portfolio – “your desk is your own business”.
You will be tasked with building and maintaining excellent relationships with both customers and colleagues, going the extra mile and exceeded in all key areas.
- Account penetration
- Grow and maintain new and existing relationships with customers by consistently providing a proactive added value service – offering solutions / products / service / support as appropriate.
- Build effective working relationships with all key players within the customer organisation – buyers, operations, project managers, supply chain etc within the customer organisation.
- Maximise profit potential with each customer.
- Margin increase, cross sell, increase relevant product mix, minimise profit leaks, driving opportunities/projects etc.
- Develop, implement and achieve growth strategy for target customers.
- Includes analysis of existing sales, desired sales, plan and implement action plan, follow up and meet set targets. Work with Location manager and outside sales on existing and development accounts as applicable.
- Provide an efficient and timely sales service to all customers. Including correct pricing / sales/returns/credits/etc
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Results / achievement orientated – quality driven
- Strong communication skills – proven ability to influence effectively, strong negotiator
- Customer sales and service orientation
- Persistent, driven – demonstrates core sales behaviours consistently
- Good attention to detail and able to prioritise effectively
- Experience in manufacturing/distribution environment would be a plus
You will need to demonstrate the following attributes
- Strong character – motivated, honest, energetic, ambitious, self-starter, quick to learn
- Good team skills – able to work on own initiative as well as take direction and be a strong team player.
- Commercially astute
- Interpersonal skills – Forms good working relationships with colleagues, senior and junior staff.