Talented Account Manager required for a leading organisation based in Elland, West Yorkshire. Working as part of a team and reporting to the Sales Manager, this role is accountable for establishing and developing a customer account base. Proactively managing the sales products into the account base to exceed monthly profit targets and achieve Key Performance Indicators.
- Managing own performance against key performance indicators; including but not limited to Gross Profit, call activity, margin and traded accounts with the support of the Sales Manager
- Building relationships with the key stakeholders in the account base – maintaining regular contact to Introduce new manufacturers, products and technologies to customers to achieve sales growth
- Developing and demonstrating industry leading product knowledge and proactively keeping abreast of new trends / products in the market by attending product and vendor training, researching and self-study
- Engaging the Sales Manager, vendors and / or the commercial team to identify and report large sales opportunities that may require additional support to secure business
- Identifying accounts with significant profit or product opportunity warranting additional support or focus and arranging visits for the BDM and / or Sales manager
- Working with the Sales Manager to review the factors affecting target achievement such as non-traders, stock availability and competition to revise the approach and take appropriate action where necessary
- Demonstrating high levels of motivation to drive towards targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis ensuring consistently high levels of team morale
- Building internal relationships to encourage synergy with other departments such as Commercial, Customer Care, Credit Control, Risk and Warehouse
- Working towards performance objectives agreed with the Sales Manager and taking appropriate action on any feedback on performance
- Taking accountability for opportunities and training to develop skills, knowledge and behaviour according to the personal development plan (PDP) agreed with the Sales Manager
- Demonstrating strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the Group Business Conduct Guidelines.
Skills and Experience
- Maintaining a high performing work ethic in line with company values and management expectations
- Resolving internal and external issues promptly and professionally - escalating to the Sales manager where necessary
- Using the internal systems to track performance
- Developing the skills to deliver ad hoc presentations where required such as covering for the Sales Manager or at customer meetings
- Attending side by side coaching sessions with the Sales manager. Agreeing and completing SMART objectives to increase productivity and improve performance
- Attending team meetings to learn about incentives and promotions and to communicate important product messages to entire account base
- Gathering and recording accurate, timely and relevant data in order for it to be used to develop stronger relationships and maximise profit opportunity
- Maintaining electronic price feeds to customers through the internal system to ensure that all prices are up to date and accurate and that the correct margin parameters are in place
This role offers a highly competitive salary package plus Bonus and excellent additional Benefits.