My client is currently looking for a full-time Accounts Manager with Accountancy Experience only.
By full-time, we mean in the office every day though we would consider a candidate who could only do reduced hours each day, for example just school hours.
The ideal candidate would need to have the following characteristics and experience.
The salary is competitive and will be based on your qualifications and experience. We also operate a bonus scheme where you share in the company’s overall profits.
• Attention to detail
• Leadership & management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Client focused
• Good marketing, sales & leadership skills
• Ability to prioritise competing demands and work under pressure
• Willing & quick to learn
• Can work as part of a team
• Recent relevant experience in an accountancy Practice
• Experience of managing staff
• Experience of managing a client portfolio
• Experience of IRIS and XERO
• Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent knowledge of accounting standards/FRSs
• Sound tax working knowledge
ACCOUNT MANAGER’S TASKS
1. Liaise with a portfolio of clients to ensure that they are happy with the services provided.
2. Meet with existing clients to go through final accounts, pre-year-end tax planning meetings.
3. Bring to clients’ attention ways in which we could help them further – demonstrate the benefits of the additional services we provide and issue Extra Work Orders upon agreement for us to undertake extra work.
4. Maintain billing arrangements.
5. Control workflow. Review & control impending deadline for Companies House & HMRC.
6. Maintain & develop systems to ensure consistent delivery of services at the highest standard.
7. Manager Accounts Assistants and help with their support, training and development.
8. Deal with emails in & client queries as required.
9. Review accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders.
10. Review quarterly VAT returns, mainly for limited companies. This involves working with spreadsheets, Sage, Xero, Kashflow, QuickBooks etc.
11. Prepare and review business tax computations to identify the taxable business profits, including correctly claiming tax relief on fixed assets (for all types of business entities).
12. Draft & review (via Accounts Assistants) covering letters & supporting paperwork with the final accounts and business tax computations to client.
13. Liaise with payroll and tax department.
14. Prepare and review relatively straightforward personal tax returns using IRIS.
15. Tax planning regarding extraction of funds from a company in the most tax efficient manner
16. Prepare & review invoices using our software.
17. Update the CRM system.
18. Review electronic in-tray and deal with tasks/post in as necessary.
19. Update your time sheet.
1. Attend management & team meetings and contribute ideas and opinions.
2. Renew fixed price agreements and log profit/(loss) on each job.
1. Help with maintaining the database on our website.
2. Attend both technical and practice management training events (external & internal).
3. Meet with potential new clients and quote for our services using our pricing software.
4. Prepare & review forms P11D (months April to July only).
5. Assisting the partner with various administration and sales and marketing tasks from time to time.
If you feel you match the experience above then please APPLY NOW