We have a fantastic opportunity for two Accommodation Support Worker in the Homelessness team, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 2-3 months.
Your role will be to act as the point of contact for customers of the Homelessness service, providing effective and accurate information and advice. Also ensuring the safe and efficient running, of the temporary accommodation scheme where based.
- Carrying out urgent assessments of customers referred to the project for accommodations, and provide a safe and supported environment for homeless people accepted into the service.
- Actively promote integration of the accommodation, and its residents into the local and wider community.
- Supply high quality housing related support, advice and advocacy to all temporary accommodation residents in order to assist customers in accessing support relating to benefits, support agencies, education, employment, and resettlement options and training.
- Provide intensive support for customers with complex support needs, particularly customers who have exhibited anti-social behaviour. Offer holistic support plans for residents, and agree individual targets which work towards longer-term housing solutions and aspirations.
- Ensure the effective upkeep and smooth running of the temporary accommodation resource, including property repairs, licensing agreements, health and safety requirements and rent collections.
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Previous Accommodation Support Worker Experience, or Homelessness experience
- Supporting families and single people, who are in temporary accommodation
- Flexible to work shifts, Days, Evenings, Nights, BH, Weekends
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children and families and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system