|Location: STOKE-ON-TRENT, STAFFORDSHIRE||Salary: 400.00 - 450.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 5 months ago||Reference: 3104096|
A Senior Business Intelligence Developer (SSRS Developer) is required at a Large Public Sector Client in Stoke On Trent for a 3 month+ contract.
The post holder will act as a Senior BI Developer and lead on the design and development of complex
systems and front end reports primarily using Microsoft SSRS software but also other Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server and SharePoint. This includes responsibility for design, performance, delivery and maintenance of reporting solutions and underlying data.
A key focus for development will be the CSU’s BI Risk Stratification offer to customers.
The post holder will create fully automated web-based solutions which provide meaningful analysis to the organisation, and can be used by managers and clinicians on a routine basis.
The post holder will work closely with the Business Intelligence Analysis Team to drive product
development and ensure continual improvement of the CSU’s Business Intelligence Portal.
• Develop complex online interactive reports using Microsoft SSRS
• Bespoke development of Risk Stratification reporting suite and associated tools
• Identify and prioritise solutions that improve the Business Intelligence service of the CSU
• Establish solution requirements with users
• Develop online interactive reports using Tableau and other technologies
• Responsible for the design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of a range of BI
• Utilise visualisation and analytical techniques to ensure reports and solutions are meaningful and
accessible to users
• Design and produce thorough and detailed test plans and scripts which are adopted prior to the
release of new and / or updated software
• Work alongside other developers and business intelligence analysts in carrying out testing activities
• Responsibility for troubleshooting SQL and BI tools, systems, and software
• Proactive in suggesting improvements and amendments to existing database structures and queries
• Be aware of changes in the Business Intelligence landscape to future proof solutions
• Assist in the development of complex ETL processes
• Develop multidimensional cubes and tabular models
• Assist in the upgrades and enhancements of the data warehouse.
• Fully document all reports and systems developed.
• Ensure compliance with current Information Governance regulations, particularly in relation to the
storage & processing of patient identifiable data
• Contribute to the maintenance & development of the BI system security model
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
• In depth and thorough specialist knowledge of a full range of Business Intelligence technologies:
• Online interactive SSRS reporting
• Relational database management systems
• Tableau report development
• Data cubes and complex tabular based data/reporting models
• Data management techniques
• Advanced keyboard skills and the ability to manipulate highly complex data accurately and at speed
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 to an advanced level.
• Knowledge or experience of BI Risk Stratification models and tools
• Knowledge or experience of Johns Hopkins ACG Risk Stratification model
• Power BI
• Source control / team working products, e.g. SubVersion, TFS, Git
• Proven ability to transfer and develop skills and knowledge in new technical areas at short notice.
Job Closes 28/09/2017
20000.00 - 27000.00 GBP Per Annum
MILTON KEYNES, BUCKINGHAMSHIRERead more
48000.00 - 55000 GBP Per Annum
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, TYNE AND WEARRead more
50000 - 55000 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more
40000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more