1st Line Support / Service Desk Analyst / Helpdesk / Birmingham / PAYE £10.95/hour OR Umbrella £13.36/hour
The post holder will primarily provide 1st line technical support over the phone involving all aspects of hardware infrastructure, software applications and related technologies that underpin the delivery of patient care.
Key Duties that would be involved:
· Accurately document all support calls whilst gathering relevant information in order to accurately diagnose faults / issues.
· Triage issues raised by users according to priority following standard procedures.
· Diagnose and fix IT issues where possible.
· Provide advice, assurance, training and support to users in both standard desktop software (e.g. Windows, Office, IE etc…) and specialist software (e.g. Lorenzo, ORMIS, Shire etc…). Full training on specialist software shall be provided.
· Follow standard IT department procedures to ensure issues are escalated appropriately. Issues escalated to third parties must be monitored to ensure they are resolved.
· Ensure users are kept up to date with issues raised.
· Provide advice and assistance on national and local policies that are relevant to the IT services provided.
· Communicate with users in ‘plain English’ on IT matters.
· Maintain an expert level of General IT knowledge.
· Participate in training for new / changing IT systems / services.
· Undertake tasks assigned to the IT service desk such as system / active directory account creation, installation of approved software etc…
· Ensure IT issues are resolved within applicable IT SLA tolerances.
· Undertake ‘site-visits’ to colleagues outside of the IT department where deemed necessary.
· On occasion there will be a requirement to undertake work outside of normal office hours (e.g. night and weekend). Such work shall be rare and often related to specific project work.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply using the link or send your CV directly to Sheena Patel at REED