Lancashire County Council have a successful ongoing partnership with Reed Education to provide tutors to schools across Lancashire. We are currently seeking a 1 to 1 / catch-up tutor for a secondary school in Preston to work with KS3 students in Y7, 8 and 9. This position is to commence immediately and is for 3 days a week (Monday to Wednesday). The focus will be working with lower ability students supporting with English and Maths
The successful applicant must:
• Must have experience of boosting / catch up 1 to 1 or small group intervention work in English and Maths
• Knowledge and experience of the KS2 primary curriculum would be advantageous
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner with strong subject knowledge and classroom management skills
• Be reliable, committed and interested in working with students and demonstrate the qualities of a good role model (qualities of compassion, trustworthiness, politeness and good listening skills)
• Have good interpersonal skills; be trustworthy, punctual as well as being patient and confident when working with children.
Have entitlement to work in the UK.
· High quality training and support
· Opportunities to work across a number of schools
· Competitive rates of pay in line with Teacher Pay Scale
· Dedicated consultant to support you within your role
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.
Please email us an up to date CV or contact us on 01772 567302.