We (Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited, “Reed”) understand that your data is important to you and it’s important to us too. We are committed to safeguarding your information in line with data protection and privacy laws.
About this notice
This notice covers the collection and use of your personal information by Reed as part of the Improving Lives Awards nomination process.
If you are a nominator, this notice applies to the personal information that you provide to Reed when you make an Improving Lives Award nomination.
If you are a nominee, this notice applies to the personal information that has been provided to Reed by your nominator when they nominated you for an Improving Lives Award.
What information do we collect?
When you make a nomination or are nominated for an Improving Lives Award we will ask for the following personal information:
- First name and surname
- Telephone number
- Email address
- First name and surname of the nominee
- Email address of the nominee
- Telephone number of the nominee
- Job title of the nominee
- The company at which the nominee works
- Relationship of the nominator and the nominee
Personal information may also be included in the nominator’s narrative of why the nominee deserves the award.
How will we use your information?
When you submit a nomination, or a nomination is submitted by you, Reed will review all of the information provided in line with the terms and conditions.
If the nomination does not comply with the terms and conditions, then the relevant personal information may be promptly deleted.
Reed will use the personal information provided by nominators to compile a shortlist for each Award. This information shall only be kept by Reed for as long as necessary to process the nominations and make the reward and will be promptly deleted thereafter.
Reed will use the personal information provided by nominators to contact the nominees. If a nominee who has been selected as a winner does not wish to accept the award, then their personal information will be promptly deleted save for personal information identifying them as a winner who declined an award.
Reed will use the personal information provided to contact the award winners. Reed may also ask winners’ permission to feature them on the “winners” page of the Reed Global website, as well as on Reed’s social media channels. Reed may also ask for the winner to take part in a short video interview. The winners’ participation in the social media and interview are optional and not a condition of being selected as a winner. Any additional consents will be collected by Reed at the appropriate time.
Reed will not use a nominator’s or nominee’s personal information provided as part of the Improving Lives Award nomination process to send marketing messages, unless the nominator or nominee has provided their express consent for it to do so.
Any personal information you supply will be treated in accordance with applicable data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and any other applicable or superseding legislation. Your rights under the GDPR are as follows:
- the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org making clear that you are requesting a copy of your personal information and including full details of what you require.
- the right to object to your personal information being processed or withdraw consent for the processing of your personal information at any time. We will comply with such a request unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so, such as when we need to continue to process your information to defend a legal claim;
- you may request that we correct any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information;
- you may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so;
- in certain circumstances, you may request that we provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have it transferred to another provider of the same or similar services to us; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. To contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom, please visit the ICO website for instructions.
Reed will be the data controller of personal information when submitted as part of an Improving Lives Award nomination.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 06903140) with registered office at Academy Court, 94 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1DT.
If you wish to contact us about our privacy notice, please email Reed at email@example.com.