Accountancy & Finance Jobs
Your senior & executive Accountancy & Finance Services job specialist in Malta
The Reed Accountancy & Finance team always takes the time to build an in-depth understanding of jobseekers' experience and career goals. Based on our extensive recruitment experience in Financial roles we have an unrivalled overview of the Maltese market, and are able to offer genuine advice and market intelligence.
At Reed Accountancy & Finance we focus on highly specialised senior and managerial jobs in both internal and external finance businesses (e.g. audit firms, consulting companies, external accountancy firms).
We recruit for many Accountancy & Finance jobs in Malta, but those we typically assist clients with are:
- Financial Controllers
- Business Controllers
- Credit Controllers
- Budgeting Specialists
- Reporting Analysts
- Junior Accountants
- Payroll Specialists
- Chief Accountants
- Tax Consultants
- Treasury staff
- Audit Professionals
- Regulatory Affairs Specialists
- Finance Managers
- Chief Finance Officers (CFO)
13 jobs in Malta
On behalf of a leading fiduciary and fund services group based in Malta, REED Specialist Recruitment is currently recruiting Part and Qualified Accountants who will be responsible for the management, control and compliance of the accounting activities. The candidates will be reporting directly to the Clients Services Director and must be strong team players with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Providing leadership and administrative guidance to the team in the accurate and timely provision of the books and records of various client structures and investments
• Reviewing accounting procedures
• Providing accurate and timely financial statements and management information
• Preparation and review of draft accounts and externally prepared account
• Co-ordination of accounts through to client approval and the co-ordination of audits
• Providing bookkeeping assistance, and training, to the Corporate services team on an ad-hoc basis
• Prepare VAT information for various stakeholders, as well as preparation of Maltese VAT returns
• Prepare, review and co-ordinate payroll services for client employees
• Supporting the on-boarding of all new client business working with all internal and external parties
• Ensuring all such business is managed appropriately within all internal processes and procedures and all relevant legal, regulatory and compliance rules and guidelines
• Develop skills to become actively involved in local business development
• To deputise for the Office Manager Malta in her absence
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent
• In process of a relevant professional qualification i.e. ACA, ACCA, ACMA or already qualified.
• Minimum of 3 years’ accounting management experience, preferably at senior level, in a corporate services environment
• Attention to detail
• Leadership and Teamwork
• Effective Commercial Awareness
• Professional and Quality Service Driven
• Strategic Thinking
• Excellent working knowledge of reconciliations within recognised accounting standards
• A detailed understanding of Trust, Company and Fund accounting services, in the offshore market
• Effective team leadership experience at times of business change and growth
• Solid working knowledge of the Maltese Compliance and Regulatory environment, Maltese Corporate law
If you are confident, motivated, with strong communication skills and able to work with minimal supervision, we want to hear from you.
A vacancy has arisen for a qualified and experienced Accountant within one of the leading multi-disciplinary professional services organisations in Malta. This is a managerial position and the chosen candidate will be responsible for leading and overseeing a team of 4 accounting staff.
• review and preparation of periodic and annual financial statements
• preparation and submission of corporate and individual tax returns
• payment of provisional and settlement tax
• claiming tax refunds
• VAT returns
• Comply with tax and VAT legislation
• Assist clients with tax compliance requirements
• Provide guidance and clarity to clients
• Ensure that clients’ requirements are met efficiently
• Understand clients and their objective to properly deliver desired service and solutions
• Other accounting duties necessary
The post calls for experienced and motivated candidates. Candidate should hold an ACCA Qualification or relevant degree. Experience in a similar position is a must. Candidate must be professional and is strong, dedicated and committed to deliver a quality service to the clients. Salary can be negotiated depending on qualifications and experience.
The Senior Fund Accountant role involves preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the accounting of a number of portfolios.
• Prepare accurate portfolio valuations and financial statements;
• Maintain the underlying accounting records for assigned funds (including domestic offshore, hedge funds, partnerships, etc.);
• Assists with reviews;
• Deputize as supervisor as and when needed and
• Seasoned incumbent responsible for approximately 5-7 portfolios.
• Prepare weekly and monthly portfolio valuations;
• Maintain the underlying accounting records for assigned funds;
• Liaise with fund managers, brokers and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
• Reconcile brokerage and custodian accounts to underlying records;
• Conform to standard operating procedures;
• Establishing excellent client relationships and provide a quality service at all times;
• Assist the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
• Perform any additional responsibilities that may be required by the Supervisor in support of the on-going management and development of the function.
• Responsible for Fund Accounting;
• Manual excel NAV file verification roll forward;
• Security position and price review;
• Cash and interest reconciliation;
• 3rd Party validation;
• Calculation of income distribution and
• Management fee reporting
Skills / experience required
• Commerce degree or diploma with at least Financial Accounting 2;
• At least eighteen months accounting experience;
• Proficient in MS Excel;
• Hedge fund industry knowledge;
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
• Structured and detail oriented;
• Excellent customer service and communication skills;
• Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines and
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a part-time qualified accountant to work on behalf of a company providing corporate & trust administration, management and bookkeeping to a diverse portfolio of companies and trusts operating under the laws of Malta and various other jurisdictions.
The role will be working closely with the Managing Director and two other accounting members of staff in relation to the internal financial accounting functions of the Employer. In addition there will be a requirement to prepare or review accounts of the Employers’ clients which consist of companies and trusts registered in Malta and some other jurisdictions. The Employer operates a four-eye review system.
Training in relation to trusts and non-Malta jurisdictions will be given if necessary.
Applicants should have:
• An accounting professional qualification
• Minimum of three years relevant work experience
• Versatile and flexible attitude with the ability to communicate well with all levels of staff and clients
• Well organised with an exception attention to detail
• Strong IT skills
• Excellent command of English both written and spoken
Flexible hours are possible. 20-30 hours per week.
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a Chief Accountant for their international insurance client. This role requires supervision of the accounting team. Ensuring that adequate controls are in place with regards to finance processes. Implementation of procedures and workflows to ensure accuracy and timeliness of accounting.
Implementation and maintenance of:
- Insurance accounting schemes
- General accounting schemes
- Manual entries controls
- Gl accounts reconciliation follow up
- Control on foreign currency exposure
- Control on revaluation of foreign currency balances
- VAT and corporate tax optimisation
- Intercompany reconciliations
Creation and update of reporting as follows :-
- Annual financial statements
- Management accounts
- Accounting certificate
- Accounting procedures
- Tasks allocation for accounting team
- Summaries of premium and commission to intermediaries
- External auditors on interim and year end audits
- Internal auditors on finance and accounting procedures
- CCEX on accounting certificate
- Consolidation reporting to two shareholders
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Qualified Accountant or in the final stages of qualification
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a Finance Manager to join a growing, fast-paced international firm. The role will be to support the Finance Department and report directly to the Head of Finance. If you are a qualified accountant with leadership experience this could be just the right opportunity for you.
- Preparation of management accounts and financial reporting
- Management of the audit process and liaising with auditors
- Compilation of monthly KPI’s
- Cash flow forecasting and management
- Preparation of VAT and other statutory returns
- Suppliers Management and Internal Controls
- A CPA qualification with a minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role
- Good people management skills and aptitude to work in a team
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Professional Initiative and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Navision will also be considered an asset.
REED Specialist Recruitment is working with a leading global provider of regulatory compliance consulting, software, accounting and tax services to the asset management and securities industry. They employ over 200 experienced professionals across six international offices. Their clients are hedge fund managers, private equity firms, and corporate finance houses, and range from start-ups to large firms with well-established track records. Their Financial & Regulatory Reporting Group provides accounting, payroll, VAT and regulatory reporting solutions across their client base. As part of their growth plans they are looking to hire an Accountant in Malta, reporting directly into and working with London-based members of the team
This is a varied role with responsibilities including:
- Monthly management accounts – for a number of local and UK clients forming part of the team’s portfolio
- VAT returns – including preparation and lodgement on behalf of clients
- Annual financial statements – drafted to comply with UK GAAP / IFRS
- Year-end audit files – prepared to support clients audit process
You will ideally have exposure to all/some of the following:
- SAGE (Line 50) – processing speed and accuracy; knowledge of functionality & reporting
- MS EXCEL – superior level of functional knowledge; build robust schedules & models
- MS OUTLOOK – organised; responsive and manage workflow
- ACCOUNTING (Fundamentals) – revenue recognition; accruals & prepayments; fixed assets; foreign currency; LLPs
- ACCOUNTING (Process) – monthly reconciliations & routines; trial balance; management accounts; quarterly VAT returns, annual adjustments and partial exemption; annual financial statements; year-end audit files
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Solid client relationship focus
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong sense of team to collaborate with FRR and other colleagues and clients
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Attention to detail and constant desire to improve
- Positive energy in the work environment that motivates team mates and colleagues
Candidates should be:
- Either recently qualified, or finalists who are close to completion of a recognised professional accounting qualification
- Looking to move into a growing, financial services-focused practice
- Looking to develop expertise in regulatory accounting, in particular prudential capital planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Currently located in Malta
Are you a Partly Qualified or Newly Qualified Accountant looking to progress in your career? We have tons of roles for you!
Reed Specialist Recruitment is currently recruiting for several Accountancy vacancies across all sectors - Financial Services, Gaming etc for both Client and Internal Accounting positions.
REED Specialist Recruitment is currently on the look out for Accountants. In this role, candidates will be assisting the Accounts team with the internal accounting function of a licensed entity and the accounting for various schemes.
• Bank reconciliations
• Payment runs and debtors’ management
• Assisting with the preparation of management accounts
• Assisting with the preparation of information for audits
• Assist in other accounting duties
• A level in accounts or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year relevant working experience
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Possess good analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to work on your own initiative and under pressure
• Adhere to deadlines
If you believe you are the right fit for this role, we would like to hear from you.
REED Specialist Recruitment is currently on the look out for candidates who want to build a career in finance. The candidate will be reporting to the Accounts Manager and Managing Director. The main purpose of the job is to give service in the internal accounting department and assistance with Ad hoc tasks
Duties include carrying out book keeping and journal posting duties on a daily basis and maintaining, posting and chasing of debtors and creditors. Completing and filling in of VAT returns when needed and perform bank reconciliations and processing payments. Candidates will have to assist in other accounting duties that may come up in the active company and handle administrative duties such as filing, hr related record keeping, occasional front desk duties if necessary and any other ad hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate must hold at least one year of experience in a similar role and at least an A-Level standard of education. Any qualifications in Accounts are considered an asset. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Based on the candidates’ performance and abilities, he/she would be entrusted with more accounting tasks as he/she develops and progresses in the company.
If you believe you have what it takes to develop a career with a team that appreciates and values people with a possibility of personal growth, we would like to hear from you.
REED Specialist Recruitment is seeking an accounts clerk on behalf of a gaming company. As the junior member of the team, the candidate will be responsible for the collection of data and initial analysis for a large number of processes within the team. Also, the candidate will work towards becoming a fundamental part of the group monthly reporting cycle, assisting in the calculation of a numerous journals leading up to final TB stage.
Supplier statement reconciliations
PSP balances & transaction download
Non-player bank account reconciliations
Daily reporting from 3rd party data sources
Assessment of funding requirements between PSPs and bank
Chasing up unapproved requisitions/non-receipted transactions
Daily player balances (and accompanying UK regulatory check)
Payment run preparation (invoice copies, aged AP confirmation)
Preparation of hedging analysis sheet (assets vs. liabilities by currency)
The company is looking for someone who is motivated to work, with at least one year’s experience in a finance environment or exposure to basic accounting principles (Accounts A level). Attention to detail is absolutely essential. No gaming experience necessary. The finance team is an outgoing group and work passionately. Any potential candidate needs to fit that mould.
REED Specialist Recruitment is currently on the look out for Credit Controllers for the Finance Department of one of our prestigious clients. The chosen candidate will be reporting to the Financial Controller and the objective of this position is to collect payment due from debtors within established time-frames and also be responsible to account for cash received from clients.
• To maintain a systematic process for identifying overdue debtors
• To communicate politely yet persuasively with debtors by telephone in attempt to determine the reason for overdue payments, review terms of repayment, or other repayment concerns in an attempt to obtain payment
• To oversee the mailing of letters to borrowers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts
• To give information to the Sales Department to ensure that precaution is taken when selling to delinquent accounts
• To coordinate with the Financial Controller to examine the possibility of legal action for long overdue accounts
• To coordinate with the Internal Auditor to investigate fraud cases and examine the possibility of legal action
• To ensure that the maximum effort has been made before coordinating with the Financial Controller to assigning bad debts status to the account
• To maintain files, records and journals to provide a chronology of collection activity for every overdue debtors account and provide weekly monthly and quarterly reports of collection results
• To ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout
• To perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time
• “A” level standard of accounting education and knowledge of computer applications and accounting software is essential
• Must have at least 2 years of Experience
• Must be organised and methodical in all work performed
• Must have the ability to perform large amounts of numerical detail of work with speed and accuracy
• Must be tactful when dealing with clients
• Must be assertive and persuasive
If you believe this is the right career path for you, we would like to hear from you.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
• Monitoring the aging of all debtors to ensure debts are repaid in accordance with agreed terms
• Produce monthly debtor reports for distribution to department heads on a timely basis
• Issue client statements mid-month using the internal system and responding to resulting queries
• Monthly meetings to discuss debtor balances with department heads and consultants to agree courses of action to reduce debt
• Contacting debtors by email, letter and phone to request payment of outstanding invoices in accordance with agreed policies and procedures
• Assisting the Group FC in the preparation of the monthly board papers.
• Preparation of various schedules and analyses, some of which will be included in the board papers
• Provision of support on ad hoc initiatives as required