Accountancy & Finance Jobs
Your senior & executive Accountancy & Finance Services job specialist in Malta
The Reed Accountancy & Finance team always takes the time to build an in-depth understanding of jobseekers' experience and career goals. Based on our extensive recruitment experience in Financial roles we have an unrivalled overview of the Maltese market, and are able to offer genuine advice and market intelligence.
At Reed Accountancy & Finance we focus on highly specialised senior and managerial jobs in both internal and external finance businesses (e.g. audit firms, consulting companies, external accountancy firms).
We recruit for many Accountancy & Finance jobs in Malta, but those we typically assist clients with are:
- Financial Controllers
- Business Controllers
- Credit Controllers
- Budgeting Specialists
- Reporting Analysts
- Junior Accountants
- Payroll Specialists
- Chief Accountants
- Tax Consultants
- Treasury staff
- Audit Professionals
- Regulatory Affairs Specialists
- Finance Managers
- Chief Finance Officers (CFO)
9 jobs in Malta
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a Financial Control Assistant Manager for an international bank. This role would report to the Financial Control Manager. This is a great opportunity for an Accountant to take the next step into management. The company offers training, development a pleasant working environment.
- Responsible for the preparation of the regulatory reporting to the Central bank of Malta, namely the monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual MFI returns in accordance with banking Rule 6.
- Responsible to action and input into the core system the Nostro reconciling items which the finance department is responsible.
- Preparation of IRFS group pack reporting in absence of the Financial Control Manager, otherwise assisting the Financial Control Manager in the said report.
- In absence or in assisting the Financial Officer; is responsible for the maintenance of the creditors’ ledger, request of payment orders by swift, issue of bank cheques to suppliers, checking accuracy of invoices before payment is remitted, inputting of payment transactions into the Bank’s core banking system and proper filling of suppliers’ invoices and manual entry slips.
- Controls and monitors the implementation of the Bank’s procurement policy.
- Managing the Financial Officer
- University Degree or equivalent Degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration and/or Professional qualification ex: ACCA (Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).
- Work Experience: 3 years’ experience in Banking- Financial Control Department.
- Very good knowledge of the local regulatory reporting framework (BR06 MFIs returns)
- Fluency in English.
REED Specialist Recruitment are working on behalf of a flexible and dynamic insurance management company. You will form part of the Malta Team in producing accurate information on a timely basis to enable the captive Boards to make informed decisions. Liaise with parent company, insurance regulator, directors, and service providers in respect of the above.
• Work with the Client Services Insurance Specialist or Senior Client Services Insurance Specialist with any accounting matters affecting the Insurance of the Company.
• Approve reconciliation of bank accounts carried out by associates from another office
• Check monthly posting of bank and investment transactions
• Monitor cash requirements of the companies
• Liaise with and monitor investment managers in respect of invested funds
• Check the management and statutory accounts prepared by associates from another office
• Review management accounts for reasonableness and correctness, identifying any anomalies and bring to the attention of the Principle Client Service Specialist/Managing Director or the client as necessary
• Assist with/or prepare the CBM returns, Annual Regulatory returns and Quarterly Solvency returns
• Assist the Senior Client Services Specialist and Client Service Team in all financial reporting to the client.
• Deal with audit enquiries
• Attend board meetings if required
• Assist in the production of board packs
• Take minutes at meetings if required
• Contact with clients if required
• Entertain clients as required
• Produce action points list
• Prepare the necessary documents to fulfil secretarial functions
• Monitor compliance with Corporate Governance
• Assist Senior Client Services Specialist in obtaining regulatory and board approvals for business plan changes
• Provide support to the Client Services Team where required
• 4 year degree in Accounting, Finance or related area or CPA qualification
• Advanced Computer Skills
• Client Service and interpersonal skills; comfortable dealing directly with clients
• Advanced presentation skills
• Compliance knowledge
• Can solve minimally complex issues and will raise more complex issues to higher level
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a dynamic Qualified Accountant with a passion for Tax on behalf of a rapidly growing international company. This position calls for an ambitious individual, who is able to provide support to the Global Tax department by managing daily tax accounting tasks. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers, and with attention to detail.
• Collecting & reviewing (preparing when needed) Global entities’ tax provisions for forecast and budget (5YP) purposes at key intervals in the year, and actuals on a monthly basis
• Training and assisting local entities in the input of tax data into our accounting reporting system and packages
• Performing in- depth analytical review of local GAAP and IFRS tax reported numbers across the group entities in accordance with agreed timelines
• Collecting all other tax reporting information at required intervals in a timely manner & aiding local entities to deliver at the prescribed reporting deadlines
• Summarizing & communicating results of all tax reporting processes in an effective and time efficient manner to the tax team
• Ensuring smooth running of tax reporting systems & processes throughout the year
• Newly qualified accountant, looking for their first step/challenge in an industry environment
• Excellent working knowledge of IFRS tax accounting law & principles, processes and procedures
• Good general understanding on tax provisions, current taxes, deferred taxes (including tax loss carry forwards), reconciliation with cash, etc.
• Proficient use of excel & BPC (or similar) accounting software
• Ability to deal & communicate with remote locations having different time zones
• Engage with local entities on a one on one level to build internal communications & tax accounting information
• Ability to build good working relationships and communications with the local entities in order to improve flow of tax accounting information
• A person with a positive attitude and a can-do approach encouraging positive team spirit
• Must be organized and possesses a good attention to detail
• Experience in a tax accounting role and exposure to group taxes would be considered an asset
REED Specialist Recruitment is seeking a Fund Accountant on behalf of an International Fund Administrator in their Malta Office. They offer a comprehensive suite of accounting, fund administration and corporate services, to a range of investment funds and corporate entities. They currently administer a diverse portfolio of investment funds and entities including mutual funds, UCITs, property funds, feeder funds, multi-currency and multi-share class funds, and funds with various segregated portfolios which follow various investment strategies, as well as fund managers, advisors and other financial services entities.
Role and Responsibilities
• Daily direct reporting to Fund Accounting Manager and preparation of NAV calculations and financial reporting
• Perform quality and compliance assurance checks on information received, to external and independent sources and in accordance with regulatory requirements
• Ensure all deliverables are completed within deadlines and controls are evidenced
• Process invoices and payments in accordance with our remit and in a timely manner
• Prepare daily bank reconciliations
• Intercompany, assets and investments reconciliations on a monthly basis
• Prepare and present monthly cashflow reports, KPI reports and other investment reporting as requested for monthly/quarterly meetings for the funds’ investment strategy committees and board of directors
• Liaise with the shareholders services team in relation to subscriptions and redemptions and related charges and commissions
• Assist the shareholder and compliance services team with preparation of dealing summaries, monthly statements, contract notes, share register updating and any client acceptance and due diligence procedures.
• Prepare and present financial statements
• Assist with the smooth completion of annual audits including finalisation of all financial statements prior to review by the external auditors to ensure completeness and accuracy
• Provide exceptional client service by building strong relationships with our clients (fund managers, fund directors, promoters, brokers, custodians, intermediaries and other third parties)
• Develop strong knowledge of the client’s operations, underlying asset classes and hedging mechanisms
Qualifications & Requirements
• CPA, CA, ACA or ACCA qualified or part-qualified or equivalent
• 2 years work experience in a fund accounting environment is essential
• Previous experience of PFS Paxus integrated fund administration system is an advantage
• Strong analytical and organisational skills, ability to manage and track multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, client relationship and communication (written and verbal) skills.
REED Specialist Recruitment is seeking a Financial Controller for one of the leading companies within the local automotive industry, providing centralised services for the Group. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established, profitable and stable company. There is also the benefit of a company car and fuel.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Administration, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the accounts department;
- Ensuring timely and accurate presentation of management reports including monthly management accounts, cash flow statements and stock reports;
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets and ad-hoc reports to the corporate office;
- Submitting VAT returns and other statutory reports;
- Managing the company’s cash flow and banking requirements;
- Preparing year-end financial statements as well as liaising with the company’s auditors;
- Reviewing on a regular basis company financial policies and procedures and recommending improvements where appropriate.
This is a senior post and the ideal applicant should:
- Possess a recognised accountancy qualification with a minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Be highly conversant with IT applications including standard accounting packages.
- Possess excellent leadership and organisational skills while being a motivated and ambitious individual.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with different stakeholders within the organisation.
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking an Assistant to the Financial Controller. The main purpose of the role is to produce accurate management and financial accounts in line with Group reporting and control requirements, and in compliance with MFSA regulations and other relevant statutory reporting requirements. The company is growing very well and offers a good career path.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts
• Prepare accruals, prepayments, maintain fixed asset register and preparation of depreciation journals.
• Assist (or responsible for, as appropriate) with other statutory returns and MFSA reporting
• Quarterly reporting including B03 and BR05
• Monthly payroll posting and reconciliations
• Ensure inter-company balances agree between group companies.
• Ensure the month end close for the company occurs in accordance with the reporting timetable.
• Basic maintenance of consolidation journals for Maltese group of companies.
• Implement Group policies and procedures in relation to financial controls
• Daily reconciliation of Merchant Settlement Bank Accounts
• Weekly reconciliation of Current Bank accounts
• Ensure all financial transactions are accurately recorded within the accounts for the company.
• Responsible for the Sales, Purchase and General Ledgers including entry of invoices and supplier statement reconciliations and liaison with suppliers
• Review cost center transactional postings and ensure variances to budget and forecast are reviewed and explained and any amendments are processed.
• Local point of contact for annual financial audit
• Indirect management of two personnel
• Qualified Accountant
• Access Dimensions and Excel (intermediate level as minimum)
• Working to strict reporting deadlines
• Ability to identify trends and variance to budgets.
• Problem analysis and solving skills
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
• Strong self-starter and motivator
• Fluent in English
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a strong Financial Controller for a growing international financial services company. The role would report into the Managing Director and is a pivotal position within the company. If you have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar position and feel you fit the job description well, then apply today.
• Preparing interim financial statements, annual reports, monthly management accounts
• Responsibility for both schemes and company accounting / finance matter
• Compilation of budgets and forecasts
• Liaising with external bodies and other regulatory authorities
• Preparation of the various related tax returns (corporation tax, withholding, VAT, payroll related returns etc)
• Adoption of the proper internal control procedures for both client accounts and internal accounts (eg reconciliations, sales invoices, procurement, payroll etc)
• Preparation and submission of regular and ad hoc reports to Management/Directors
• Monitoring the Company’s solvency position
• To investigate, report and explain to board of directors, variances between actual and budget figures, variances from agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPls) and other exceptions.
• To manage the Companies’ fixed asset register
• To take the lead in liaising with the companies’ external auditors and other advisors and ensure financial statements are signed off within the required Group reporting deadlines.
• To prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with applicable Accounting Standards and other legislation
• To prepare corporation tax computations and manage the submission of these to the Income Tax Office as well as dealing with queries raised by them.
• To manage the companies’ cashflow and treasury function.
• To provide strong leadership and direction to the finance team. To ensure clarity of roles, key deliverables and personal objectives.
• To attend meetings with directors and prepare and manage "bottom-up" budgets and business plans.
• To liaise with directors and ensure that internal accounting systems, processes and controls conform to accepted accounting principles and are robust and support the needs of the business.
• To head and manage the billing process and ensure it runs efficiently by liaising with Client Relationship Managers and senior management and producing relevant reports. To ensure that invoices are sent out to clients on a timely basis and raise ad hoc invoices where necessary.
• Fully qualified Accountant and in possession of a Public Warrant
• Minimum of eight years’ experience in a similar position
• Fluent in Maltese and English
• Strong managerial and organisational skills
• Experience managing people
• Experience in the finance industry will be considered an asset
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a financial accounting supervisor on behalf of an international corporate services company. Reporting directly to the head of the Accounting Department, this role will include responsibility for the preparation of Trust and Company financial statements and management accounts. The successful candidate will take an active role in establishing and managing the accounting department and will be responsible for overseeing the activities of a small, but growing team.
Maintaining the general ledger and preparing management accounts, including;
- Posting of cash and journals in the nominal ledgers
- Preparing loan interest calculations and reconciling bank and loan accounts
- Reconciling investment positions and processing revaluation journals where required
- Calculation and accrual of company expenses
- Assist with the compilation of the consolidated management accounts
Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements;
- Assist with the transfer of the trial balance information into the financial statements template
- Pare the associated accounts, working papers and evidencing balances
- Drafting of financial statements and associated notes
- Assisting with auditors’ queries
Assist with cash management;
- Assist with the day to day cash flow management
- Processing payments of ongoing expenses of the companies
- Processing payments for investments
- Checking receipts and documenting funds received
- Electronic and manual document filing
- Assist with the maintenance of the corporate register and database
- Writing company minutes and directors resolutions
- Assist with the on-boarding of new clients and company incorporations
- Undertaking compliance reviews of client files
- Assisting in building and developing the accounting department
- Coaching and training of less experienced team members
- Liaison with other offices within the Group
- Available to assist in other duties as and when requested
- Attainment of ACA/ACCA
- Experience gained ideally through a similar role
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements under IFRS
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate junior staff
Our client, a leading international organisation is seeking an Accounts Clerk on a 6 month definite contract due to their recent increase in business.
• Inputting/coding/posting of Accounts payable invoices in accounting system, checking purchase orders and received goods
• Inputting/coding/posting of Accounts receivable invoices and assisting in the processing of supplier payments;
• Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records;
• Inputting of bank statements and preparing Bank Reconciliations;
• Assisting with Quarterly and Annual Regulatory Reporting;
• Updating and maintaining accounting journals, ledger and other records;
• Carrying out other general accounting and administrative duties related to the smooth running of the finance team.
Candidates must have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role as well as a minimum A level standard in Accounts.