Accountancy & Finance Jobs
Your senior & executive Accountancy & Finance Services job specialist in Malta
The Reed Accountancy & Finance team always takes the time to build an in-depth understanding of jobseekers' experience and career goals. Based on our extensive recruitment experience in Financial roles we have an unrivalled overview of the Maltese market, and are able to offer genuine advice and market intelligence.
At Reed Accountancy & Finance we focus on highly specialised senior and managerial jobs in both internal and external finance businesses (e.g. audit firms, consulting companies, external accountancy firms).
We recruit for many Accountancy & Finance jobs in Malta, but those we typically assist clients with are:
- Financial Controllers
- Business Controllers
- Credit Controllers
- Budgeting Specialists
- Reporting Analysts
- Junior Accountants
- Payroll Specialists
- Chief Accountants
- Tax Consultants
- Treasury staff
- Audit Professionals
- Regulatory Affairs Specialists
- Finance Managers
- Chief Finance Officers (CFO)
2 jobs in Malta
For our rapidly expanding Malta office we are currently looking for a qualified & enthusiastic
Financial Account Manager.
In this new role the Financial Account Manager will work closely with the Finance Manager and Accounts Associate in assisting with administering accounting records and posting of routine transactions for a rapidly growing portfolio of client companies.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Set-up and maintain (computerised) administrations, financial databases and other reporting
• Prepare periodic financial reports, budgets and cash flow statements;
• Compile and post monthly journal entries;
• Cash management including management of bank accounts and payment instructions, both internally as for clients;
• Prepare statutory financial reports as well as client-specific reports;
• Prepare and file VAT & Tax returns;
• Prepare reporting to third parties e.g. MFSA;
• Interact with the group CFO and assist on special projects;
• Ensure a timely and correct filing of the administrative records;
• Maintain contact with auditors, tax advisors, lawyers, notaries and other involved parties in order to obtain the required information for reporting purposes;
• Perform miscellaneous finance and accounting task, both internally and for clients.
For the above mentioned position, the ideal candidate will have:
• Accounting degree (ACCA, ACA or a Bachelor in Accounting degree or a comparable level achieved through exposure and experience (needs to be qualified as accountant);
• Preferably a minimum of 2 - 3 years relevant work experience;
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAPSE, IFRS);
• Maltese tax and VAT knowledge;
• General interest in international financial/capital markets and financial instruments;
• Entrepreneurial business focus, problem-solving attitude;
• To be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
1. Prepare client financial statements for senior review;
2. Maintain bookkeeping records of client entities on a regular basis as required;
3. To provide ad-hoc valuations, reconciliations and other financial reports as may be required by clients;
4. Liaison with relevant parties, both internal and external, to obtain information to allow the preparation of financial statements and returns;
5. Provide accounting support and/or be first point of contact to internal parties;
6. To prepare (in good time) VAT, statutory and other returns for senior review;
7. Ensuring service standards and company policies and procedures are adhered to;
8. Use best judgement to highlight and report significant matters to Senior Administrators and /or Management;
9. Maintain exceptional levels of service across the portfolio at all times with the emphasis on “adding value”;
10. To support existing client relationships as required.