Business Support Jobs
Your Business Support job specialist in Malta
With over 55 years of experience in recruitment, REED provides an unparalleled service in the supply of permanent and contract PA, Secretarial and Administrative recruitment services. Our greatest strength is that in REED we specialise in each industry sector, and endeavour to match jobseekers with the most suitable jobs.
The range of disciplines for which we attract and place candidates at all levels includes:
- Personal / Executive / Team Assistants
- Office Managers
- Customer Service Advisors
- Customer Service Managers
6 jobs in Malta
REED Specialist Recruitment is seeking a Financial Controller for one of the leading companies within the local automotive industry, providing centralised services for the Group. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established, profitable and stable company. There is also the benefit of a company car and fuel.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Administration, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the accounts department;
- Ensuring timely and accurate presentation of management reports including monthly management accounts, cash flow statements and stock reports;
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets and ad-hoc reports to the corporate office;
- Submitting VAT returns and other statutory reports;
- Managing the company’s cash flow and banking requirements;
- Preparing year-end financial statements as well as liaising with the company’s auditors;
- Reviewing on a regular basis company financial policies and procedures and recommending improvements where appropriate.
This is a senior post and the ideal applicant should:
- Possess a recognised accountancy qualification with a minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Be highly conversant with IT applications including standard accounting packages.
- Possess excellent leadership and organisational skills while being a motivated and ambitious individual.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with different stakeholders within the organisation.
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking an Assistant to the Financial Controller. The main purpose of the role is to produce accurate management and financial accounts in line with Group reporting and control requirements, and in compliance with MFSA regulations and other relevant statutory reporting requirements. The company is growing very well and offers a good career path.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts
• Prepare accruals, prepayments, maintain fixed asset register and preparation of depreciation journals.
• Assist (or responsible for, as appropriate) with other statutory returns and MFSA reporting
• Quarterly reporting including B03 and BR05
• Monthly payroll posting and reconciliations
• Ensure inter-company balances agree between group companies.
• Ensure the month end close for the company occurs in accordance with the reporting timetable.
• Basic maintenance of consolidation journals for Maltese group of companies.
• Implement Group policies and procedures in relation to financial controls
• Daily reconciliation of Merchant Settlement Bank Accounts
• Weekly reconciliation of Current Bank accounts
• Ensure all financial transactions are accurately recorded within the accounts for the company.
• Responsible for the Sales, Purchase and General Ledgers including entry of invoices and supplier statement reconciliations and liaison with suppliers
• Review cost center transactional postings and ensure variances to budget and forecast are reviewed and explained and any amendments are processed.
• Local point of contact for annual financial audit
• Indirect management of two personnel
• Qualified Accountant
• Access Dimensions and Excel (intermediate level as minimum)
• Working to strict reporting deadlines
• Ability to identify trends and variance to budgets.
• Problem analysis and solving skills
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
• Strong self-starter and motivator
• Fluent in English
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a strong Financial Controller for a growing international financial services company. The role would report into the Managing Director and is a pivotal position within the company. If you have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar position and feel you fit the job description well, then apply today.
• Preparing interim financial statements, annual reports, monthly management accounts
• Responsibility for both schemes and company accounting / finance matter
• Compilation of budgets and forecasts
• Liaising with external bodies and other regulatory authorities
• Preparation of the various related tax returns (corporation tax, withholding, VAT, payroll related returns etc)
• Adoption of the proper internal control procedures for both client accounts and internal accounts (eg reconciliations, sales invoices, procurement, payroll etc)
• Preparation and submission of regular and ad hoc reports to Management/Directors
• Monitoring the Company’s solvency position
• To investigate, report and explain to board of directors, variances between actual and budget figures, variances from agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPls) and other exceptions.
• To manage the Companies’ fixed asset register
• To take the lead in liaising with the companies’ external auditors and other advisors and ensure financial statements are signed off within the required Group reporting deadlines.
• To prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with applicable Accounting Standards and other legislation
• To prepare corporation tax computations and manage the submission of these to the Income Tax Office as well as dealing with queries raised by them.
• To manage the companies’ cashflow and treasury function.
• To provide strong leadership and direction to the finance team. To ensure clarity of roles, key deliverables and personal objectives.
• To attend meetings with directors and prepare and manage "bottom-up" budgets and business plans.
• To liaise with directors and ensure that internal accounting systems, processes and controls conform to accepted accounting principles and are robust and support the needs of the business.
• To head and manage the billing process and ensure it runs efficiently by liaising with Client Relationship Managers and senior management and producing relevant reports. To ensure that invoices are sent out to clients on a timely basis and raise ad hoc invoices where necessary.
• Fully qualified Accountant and in possession of a Public Warrant
• Minimum of eight years’ experience in a similar position
• Fluent in Maltese and English
• Strong managerial and organisational skills
• Experience managing people
• Experience in the finance industry will be considered an asset
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a financial accounting supervisor on behalf of an international corporate services company. Reporting directly to the head of the Accounting Department, this role will include responsibility for the preparation of Trust and Company financial statements and management accounts. The successful candidate will take an active role in establishing and managing the accounting department and will be responsible for overseeing the activities of a small, but growing team.
Maintaining the general ledger and preparing management accounts, including;
- Posting of cash and journals in the nominal ledgers
- Preparing loan interest calculations and reconciling bank and loan accounts
- Reconciling investment positions and processing revaluation journals where required
- Calculation and accrual of company expenses
- Assist with the compilation of the consolidated management accounts
Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements;
- Assist with the transfer of the trial balance information into the financial statements template
- Pare the associated accounts, working papers and evidencing balances
- Drafting of financial statements and associated notes
- Assisting with auditors’ queries
Assist with cash management;
- Assist with the day to day cash flow management
- Processing payments of ongoing expenses of the companies
- Processing payments for investments
- Checking receipts and documenting funds received
- Electronic and manual document filing
- Assist with the maintenance of the corporate register and database
- Writing company minutes and directors resolutions
- Assist with the on-boarding of new clients and company incorporations
- Undertaking compliance reviews of client files
- Assisting in building and developing the accounting department
- Coaching and training of less experienced team members
- Liaison with other offices within the Group
- Available to assist in other duties as and when requested
- Attainment of ACA/ACCA
- Experience gained ideally through a similar role
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements under IFRS
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate junior staff
Are you an experienced Administrative Assistant looking for your next career move? My client - operating in the Corporate sector - is seeking a Secretary to join their team.
You will be responsible for:
- dealing with telephone and email enquiries;
- creating and maintaining filing systems;
- scheduling meetings;
- arranging travel and accommodation for staff;
- sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post;
- ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment;
- organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information;
- arranging in-house and external events.
Applicants must have 2 - 3 years of experience in a similar job, an eye for detail as well as project management skills.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is currently representing a growing organisation who are seeking to recruit a Data Administrator to join their team.
The job Responsibilities:
- Create, enter, and maintain master data associated with new product launches and M&A activities.
- Monitor all Master Data forms for completeness and interact with business customers to ensure quality of data.
- Responsible for maintaining data quality on a day-to-day basis. Immediately escalating business critical issues that arise during the course of daily activities to management.
- Assist management with implementation of data improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for having a basic understanding of the SAP system environments in order to effectively address or question data management issues
The ideal candidate will have a Business related Degree and at least 2 years of experience in data analysis.