More options Fewer options
Showing 1 - 20 of 41 results.
41 jobs in Malta
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a Fraud Analyst for the Spanish market. This person will be responsible for monitoring alerts generated by the card anti-fraud system. The chosen candidate will report directly to the Fraud Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Optimize present fraud tools and procedures
- Handling daily transaction alerts
- Verifying client documentation for possible fraud
- Proposing future fraud tool development and managing such projects together with the department Fraud Manager
- Prevent company losses due to fraud and when fraud occurs, perform analysis to identify changes in fraudulent behaviour, opportunities to reduce losses and suggest appropriate product enhancements
- Optimize the department KPIs
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and methods to detect and prevent fraud
- Utilize existing and develop new detection rules and strategies for fraud prevention
- Develop cross-departmental processes for investigating, analysing, responding to and ultimately reducing the incidences of fraud-related issues
- Works effectively with co-workers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner
- Listens to and objectively considers ideas and suggestions from others
- Addresses problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions
- Optimize both AML and KYC processes
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Competencies:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the similar position within Fraud/AML/Risk department within igaming/Banking/Telecom sectors
- Knowledge of KYC and AML procedures
- Familiarity with online financial transactions and/or credit card processing
- Familiarity with documentation review
- Experience within multiple fraud systems/platforms
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply knowledge using the broader perspective of the overall business environment
- Effective English oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well independently and in cross functional teams
- Ability to work with limited supervision and a comfort level making decisions independently
- An accomplished problem solver
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
- Fluent in Spanish
- Knowledge of Spanish market from an anti-fraud perspective
REED Specialist Recruitment is seeking to recruit a Risk Manager on behalf of an international financial services company. The role will be to advise the Company on any potential risks to the profitability or existence of the company. Identifying and assessing threats and to ensure plans are in place for when things go wrong and decide how to avoid, reduce or transfer risks.
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation and compile and maintain a risk register.
- Risk assessment, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organisation's previous handling of risks;
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
- Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, reviewing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong;
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation. Contribute to the ongoing development and delivery of the risk management strategy of the entire organisation.
- Through effective business partnering, collaboration and monitoring, ensuring internal teams and the business overall adheres to the requirements of internal and external control processes
- Integration of both quantitative and qualitative data into the Risk Assessment process - Effectively communicate the risk exposure and maintain relationships with senior management
- Analyse new and emerging regulations and their application, report on the requirements and their impact on the business, and implementing necessary processes to satisfy these requirements.
Knowledge and Skills
- Educated to degree level in Risk, Finance or related subjects
- 3 years relevant experience working in a similar role within the Malta Financial Services Industry
- Ideally familiar with pensions schemes including QROPS
- Ability to identify risks attaching to a Financial Services Business
- Demonstrable experience of being able to absorb complex information quickly and present it in a way that can be understood by all levels within the business.
- Practical Experience of database management and the processing of complex information
- Familiar with the main office productivity software
- Experience of office environment
- Ability to set own deadlines and work accurately to tight deadlines and handling projects assigned to him/her.
Investment Advisor required for a dynamic Investment Management company.
My client is looking for YOU – their next Investment Advisor to work in a growing company, in a great location.
As a valued member of the team your responsibilities will be:
- Organise the Advisory clients in a way which will create an easy means of regular communication with these clients;
- Communicate any investment idea which is identified by the firm to the appropriate client in accordance with the investment mandate given to us by the client in terms of risk and return;
- Regularly review the advisory portfolios to ensure that the investments held are in line with the respective investment parameters;
- Communicate any necessary changes in structure to either reflect changes in market conditions or changes in the client’s investment profile;
- Prepare investment recommendations for new clients;
- Handle a number of execution-only clients; and
- Start building a portfolio of Discretionary clients which would have been converted either from the existing Advisory base or following point 5 above would have resulted in a completely new Discretionary mandate.
Being educated to a minimum of degree level, your main strengths will be your client facing skills. A minimum of 2 years experience in Investment Advisory/Wealth Management is needed. Ideal experience is within Banking; - Insurance knowledge would also be advantageous. You will need to be forward thinking, bringing new investment ideas to the company. This is a great opportunity to work for a company which values you and your opinion and as such you will be involved in the weekly investment committee meetings. You will report directly to the director responsible for client management within the firm with whom regular meetings will be held to keep you very much involved. Excellent written and spoken English and Maltese Language skills are needed
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking an experienced Risk Officer on behalf of an international Bank.
- Provide comprehensive and understandable information on risks, enabling the Board of Directors and its Committee/s to understand the Bank’s overall Risk Profile
- Assess, evaluate and, where required, challenge decisions that affect the Bank’s risk exposure
- Take ownership and be actively involved in elaborating the Bank’s risk strategy
- Set-up and maintain an effective risk management framework in line with applicable legislation and Regulation
- Ensure that the Bank has effective risk management processes in place
- Provide the Board of Directors with all relevant risk related information (e.g. through technical analysis on risk exposure) to enable it to set the Bank’s Risk Tolerance/Appetite level
- Assess the risk strategy, including targets proposed by the business units, and advise the Board of Directors and its relevant Committee/s prior to decision-making
- Share responsibility for implementing the Bank’s risk strategy and policy with the Bank’s business
- Ensure (on-going monitoring) the limits are in line with the Bank’s overall risk appetite/tolerance
- Ensure transactions with related parties are reviewed and the risks adequately assessed
- Draw-up and promote the compilation of regulatory reporting on a periodic basis, ensuring the submission on due dates
- Provide training and assistance to other units within the Bank.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree preferred. Masters or other advanced degree a plus.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in bank operations is required. This experience should include a base of work in areas of the Bank such as lending, operations and control functions; dedicated risk management experience a plus
- Skills/Ability: Exposure to strategic planning areas of banking. Knowledge of banking operations. Working knowledge of bank information technology systems and controls. Working knowledge of lending and credit risk management. Working knowledge of bank legal and regulatory compliance guidelines and regulations. Working knowledge of bank accounting. Demonstrated ability to work with teams of managers and others, including external parties, to accomplished shared goals in a project environment. Strong knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of oral and written communications and interpersonal relations skills. Professional level skills in proposal and publications development. The ability to translate complex technical language and ideas into language easily comprehensible to non-specialists. Ability to use a variety of personal computer software applications, including Microsoft Excel.
My client are a growing organisation based in Gzira. They are looking to increase headcount in their technology team and are currently recruiting for a Senior Front End Developer to join the business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of Front End technologies including:
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Angular.js or similar
- Bootstrap or similar
- ASP.NET MVC
- Knowledge in CMS technologies especially Umbraco would be an asset.
- A good eye for detail and user experience knowledge would be an asset.
- Motivated to learn new technologies.
- Ability to handle a number of projects concurrently.
- Experience with code repositories such as GIT.
- Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to perform well in a role of this nature and would like to hear more about the opportunity, please apply.
I will then get in touch to discuss the role with you in more detail.
One of my clients, a growing iGaming company based in Gzira, are looking to grow their technology team and are currently recruiting for a Linux System Administrator:
The ideal candidate will:
-Have a minimum of three years of experience on working with Linux systems
- Be familiar with RPM based distributions (CentOS in particular)
- Have a basic understanding of networks (IP Addressing, subnets and DNS).
- A familiarity with any / all of the following services/deamons: Cacti, SmokePing, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis, VSFTPD, Apache, MySQL would be beneficial
- Additionally any experience with Kibana, ElasticSeach, LogStash or similar would be considered an asset
- Certifications such as RHCSA / RHCE or LPIC would be considered a plus
The ideal candidate should be eager to learn more about and eventually assist in any of the following areas: SAN technology, Firewalling, Network Routing and Switching, Windows Server 2012, Linux Servers, HyperV virtual environments, Cisco VoIP telephony.
If this sounds like an opportunity which interests you and you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to perform well in the role, please apply today.
My client, a growing iGaming company based in Gzira are currently looking to expand their technology team and have a requirement for a database administrator.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have three or more years experience of working on Microsoft SQL servers
- Be responsible for the daily running of the databases, including backups, tuning and monitoring of the systems
- Have experience with storage management / SANs
- Have experience with SSIS
- Liaise with the infrastructure manager and the development team to plan dimensioning, and forecast needs of the system as needed.
- Experience with DB Development would be an asset
- Experience with SSAS / OLAP Cubes would be an asset.
- Experience with building SQL Server clusters would be an asset.
- A willingness to learn or experience with Big Data and No-SQL systems would be considered an asset.
The client in return offer a great working environment with bright open plan offices and a friendly team. This is a growing business so there is likely to be future scope for progression.
If you have the skills and experience which you feel would make you a good candidate for this opportunity please apply today.
My client are a growing iGaming business based in Malta and are currently looking for a senior .NET developer with a minimum of five years relevant experience to join their friendly technology team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in .NET 4.0 / C#
- Have strong SQL / T-SQL knowledge
- Have knowledge of building RESTful APIs
- Have experience with code repositories such as GIT
- Have experience with ORMs such as Hibernate or Entity Framework
- Have a strong interest and experience in software design and architecture
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Be experienced with high-volume / transactional system
- Be motivated to learn new technologies
- Have good knowledge of English, both spoken and written
If you feel that you have the right level of skills and experience to perform well in a role of this nature please apply and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity with you in more detail.
My client, a growing iGaming company are currently looking to recruit a junior systems administrator into their growing technology team here in Malta.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be capable of performing hardware and software PC fault-finding and repairs on Microsoft Windows 10.
- Have a basic familiarity with Microsoft domains and active directory.
- Have a basic understanding of networks (IP Addressing, subnets and DNS).
- Be willing to work flexible hours – in particular, willing to work during maintenance windows on occasion.
- Be eager to learn more about and eventually assist in any of the following areas: SAN technology, Firewalling, Network Routing and Switching, Windows Server 2012, Linux Servers, HyperV virtual environments, Cisco VoIP telephony.
Any certifications like CompTIA, CCNA, MCSA would be considered an added plus by the client.
If you feel you have the relevant experience to perform well in this role and would be interested in being considered for the opportunity please apply today.
As a forward-looking company with a strong history of success, they are committed to researching, producing and delivering high-quality products to over 80 countries, while continuing with our expansion throughout the globe.
My client are as committed to their own people as they are to their customers, acknowledging that their success is a direct result of the qualities of their employees. That is why they strive to inspire people to do more, to engage, to grow.
We are looking to recruit a Business Analyst to provide the technical expertise needed in making company systems more efficient in line with the company business strategy and the provision of analysis and information for the successful implementation of systems
Effective identification and selection of systems in line with business and users need
Efficient gathering of business requirements and analysis
Effective management of users expectations
Provision of supportive documentation, reporting and training of implemented systems for business support
Effective internal and external stakeholder management
Effective teamwork and alignment with company values
Knowledge of IT, IS concepts, ERP (AX) and related systems
Project management skills
Strategic thinking, organisational, planning and delivery skills
Good communication, influencing, presentation and negotiation skills
SQL and Programming Skills
Degree in ICT, (qualification in programming and SQL would be preferred)
If you are ready to embark on a journey of success, with the opportunity to grow, choose to work for a company that is prepared to nurture your talent. If you have that dream, passion and ambition we are ready to help you get there.
REED Specialist Recruitment are looking for a Compliance Officer on behalf of a growing international financial services organisation. The ideal candidate would be responsible for Anti Money Laundering (AML) monitoring and sanctions screening for all EU booked activity across business and to provide KYC Compliance support across the merchant base while being responsible for the compliance to all MFSA regulatory requirements
Duties and responsibilities:
- Liaising with the regulators (the MFSA). This will include ensuring the company is compliant with all MFSA reporting requirements.
- Ensure the completion of statutory returns (MFSA) and compliance reporting to the relevant regulator and authorities
- Ensure compliance to all card scheme rules and regulations
- Manage the scheme bulleting
- Review and manage scheme interchange policies
- Prevent clients being boarded or being maintained that create money laundering or reputational risk to the company
- Research and understand AML typologies and then apply the characteristics to interrogate transaction data to identify unusual activity
- Degree (or equivalent) or comparable work experience required.
- Demonstrated skills in risk assessment. The ability to escalation when appropriate, in regard of AML or sanction risk.
- Problem management skills. Strong interpersonal, presentation and organization skills
- Able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion within established timeframes.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of card scheme interchange rates and regulations
- Broad and /or In depth technical compliance knowledge and the application of MFSA rules and guidance in relation to Financial Services companies
- Working knowledge of key regulatory /consumer bodies including: MFSA, FIAU, FSA, FIAU
- A wide experience and understanding of the banking and financial services industry
The role will entail:
- payroll admin for companies in Malta, but if able to also do so for UK
company, and Isle of man this is added bonus.
- admin of payments
- management of expenses
- tax admin for Malta
- general admin and accounting for group companies
REED specialist recruitment are working with one of the leading Investment Services companies in Malta. They are looking for someone proactive, responsible and diligent to join their highly motivated team of young professionals, who share a passion for their work.
- Execute transactions in equities, fixed income securities & currencies on the local & international exchanges, offering best execution to the firm’s clients
- Maintain a client order book
- Maintain a database of information on trading patterns
- Liaise with client managers on the execution of trades
- Input such trades on the firm’s databases
- Fluent written and spoken Maltese and English
- Have a good understanding of financial markets
- Have a good degree, preferably in finance, with an ambition to further your studies
- Be highly proficient in the use of MS office applications and generally be highly computer literate
- Have very strong numerical skills, attention to detail is essential and be a quick thinker
- Possess strong organisational and time management skills
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional candidate to join a multinational restaurant chain in Malta as a Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager will assume responsibility for the company Finances. The role will involve: establishing and maintaining accounting procedures and processes, accounting systems, and accounting filing and archiving. Other responsibilities include preparation of management accounts, management of employees salaries and benefits, preparation of budgets, forecast, cash flows and cash and capital requirements.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is seeking to recruit a C# .NET Developer for a prestigious client based in Malta.
This position offers the opportunity to work for a leading software house in Malta who work on extremely exciting projects across Europe.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in ICT, or a related area
- At least two years’ experience in C# .NET
- Strong working knowledge of MS SQL Server and T-SQL
- Skills and experience in WinForms, WPF, Entity Framework and Crystal Reports will be considered an asset
REED Specialist Recruitment is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual for the position of Senior Fund Accountant on behalf of an esteemed international client.
• Providing accounting and administrative services for client companies
• Compiling NAV calculations, administration of trades and fund reconciliations
• Preparation of financial statements compliant with IFRS/GAAP and statutory returns in accordance with prescribed client deadlines
• Monitor clients’ regulatory compliance and provide help with the year-end audit process
• Assist with the preparation of client documentation and reporting
• Performing cash, positions and market-value reconciliations;
• Processing of subscription and redemption activity for multiple funds abiding by antimony laundering and compliance procedures;
• Liaising with the funds’ investors, bankers, independent auditors and other service providers to the Funds
• Responding to client enquiries in a timely and efficient manner;
• Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and other requirements of the funds specifications
• Supervision and training of Fund Administration staff
• Provide support to the administration team to ensure that bookkeeping is done in a timely and accurate manner
• Must be a fully qualified accountant either by degree, ACCA, ACA or similar
• Minimum of two to five years experience in an accounting/finance environment
• Minimum of 2 years fund accounting/alternative investment industry experience
• Knowledge of financial instruments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• A strong work ethic with the proven ability to demonstrate initiative and meet tight
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications with Advanced MS Excel skills
Reed Specialist Recruitment is looking to recruit a C#/ASP.NET Developer on behalf of a reputable company based in Malta.
We are looking for professionals with a degree in ICT, or a related area, and have at least one year experience in C# and ASP.NET development.
Successful applicant will join their .NET development teams and must have a good working knowledge of MS SQL Server and MS T-SQL.
Skills and experience in WinForms, WPF, WCF, XML, Entity Framework, and MVC will be considered an asset.
REED Specialist Recruitment is seeking an Accountant on behalf of an insurance management firm. Our client provides a wide variety of services including risk management, compliance, insurance technical assistance, accounting reporting and payroll services to its clients. This is great opportunity to join a growing company, which offers fantastic benefits.
- Preparation of management accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Preparation of Solvency II reports
- Processing of non-technical and technical information in accounting system
- Performance and follow up of clients’ operating requirements including affecting payments and ensuring sufficient funds are available for operating purposes
- Preparing and submitting regulatory returns to the competent authorities
- Assisting in the preparation of taxation and VAT returns before submission
- Assisting in the preparation or updating of policies and procedures
- Assisting in the final audits
- Liaising with other internal departments and external parties such as investment managers, actuaries, risk managers, compliance officers, company secretaries, banks and Auditors relevant to the operations and regulation of the company and its clients
- Responding to clients’ ad-hoc queries.
- Fully qualified accountant
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in the insurance sector is not a must but will be considered at asset
- Meticulous and conscientious approach to work, while demonstrating the ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet deadline
We are looking for an awesome, data-driven inbound marketer to own a good chunk of the marketing funnel for this new tech startup. You will be the key person in attracting quality site traffic, converting that traffic into new leads, and nurturing those leads into users - the latter of which sales leadership will help you accomplish.
The ideal candidate will have about 1-3 years' experience creating and leveraging inbound marketing initiatives, SEO content, B2C copywriting, and digital marketing across multiple channels to increase website traffic, build brand visibility/recognition, and generate new business. Ideally, you would be familiar with Inbound Marketing Methodology, Buyer Personas, and content mapping to different stages of the Buyer's
Journey. As an individual that appreciates and believes in the potential of these initiatives, you must be a self-starter and a creative thinker with drive and passion.
In this position, you will:
- Be an enthusiastic, but pragmatic, driver of inbound marketing ideas and campaigns, pushing the brand forward to obtain the expected take-up rates.
- Grow new leads, by converting web traffic through landing pages, social media promotions and lead generation content.
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our web assets
and platforms including ellp.com, our blog, Youtube channel, email and social channels.
- Do research and keep a close eye on Ellp’s product capabilities, our competitor’s and the online software space in general.
- Be a great team player that is able to bring value to Ellp by working closely with other functions such as Design & UX, Customer Success, Product Management and Business Intelligence.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is seeking to recruit a Senior SharePoint Developer for a prestigious software house based in Malta. We are looking for professionals with a minimum of five years working experience in .NET, SharePoint and SQL Server technologies.
The selected candidate will participate in large, mid-size and small Microsoft SharePoint consulting and development projects.
The candidate will:
1. Engage with both Business Development Managers and clients during the presales phase leading to an eventual scoped commercial engagement.
2. Conduct analysis workshops to define and gather requirements.
3. Lead a technical team of SharePoint developers through all the project phases including design, development, testing and implementation phases.
4. Provide the client with advice and consultancy when necessary.
The candidate must possess excellent object-oriented skills, with a minimum of four years working experience in SharePoint (2010,2013), .NET and SQL Server technologies.