More options Fewer options
Showing 1 - 20 of 36 results.
36 jobs in Malta
REED Specialist Recruitment is seeking to recruit a Risk Manager on behalf of an international financial services company. The role will be to advise the Company on any potential risks to the profitability or existence of the company. Identifying and assessing threats and to ensure plans are in place for when things go wrong and decide how to avoid, reduce or transfer risks.
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation and compile and maintain a risk register.
- Risk assessment, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organisation's previous handling of risks;
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
- Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, reviewing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong;
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation. Contribute to the ongoing development and delivery of the risk management strategy of the entire organisation.
- Through effective business partnering, collaboration and monitoring, ensuring internal teams and the business overall adheres to the requirements of internal and external control processes
- Integration of both quantitative and qualitative data into the Risk Assessment process - Effectively communicate the risk exposure and maintain relationships with senior management
- Analyse new and emerging regulations and their application, report on the requirements and their impact on the business, and implementing necessary processes to satisfy these requirements.
Knowledge and Skills
- Educated to degree level in Risk, Finance or related subjects
- 3 years relevant experience working in a similar role within the Malta Financial Services Industry
- Ideally familiar with pensions schemes including QROPS
- Ability to identify risks attaching to a Financial Services Business
- Demonstrable experience of being able to absorb complex information quickly and present it in a way that can be understood by all levels within the business.
- Practical Experience of database management and the processing of complex information
- Familiar with the main office productivity software
- Experience of office environment
- Ability to set own deadlines and work accurately to tight deadlines and handling projects assigned to him/her.
Responsibilities will include:
- Low-level, multi-threaded development of user-mode device & virtual drivers, simulators, and diagnostic/testing tools for a leading automotive systems supplier with a global customer base
- In addition to development, also do QA testing and writing technical documentation
- Work on embedded systems
Reed Specialist Recruitment is looking to recruit a Management Accountant on behalf of a reputable Asset Management group for their Malta office. This is an experienced, professional company which offer structured training and development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce Financial Statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Assist in the preparation of statutory and Consolidated accounts at Group level
- To keep all financial records up to date and ensure their accuracy
- Production of daily banking schedules, reconciliations and production of cashflow forecasts
- Processing, scheduling and reconciliation of Intercompany accounts and recharges
- Ensure deliverables are produced in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Report on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of intangible assets
- Continuous review of working practices and procedures to ensure efficient and cost effective operations
- Preparation of reports and information for use in strategic decision making
- Help develop prosperous working relationships with the fund administrators, auditors and banks
- Ensure all audits are signed off in a timely manner, by providing deliverables to the auditors and answering their queries
- Assist the Financial Controller with any other related matters as and when necessary
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA, CA, ACA or ACCA qualified or part-qualified or equivalent
- Experience of asset management and fund administration industries would be an advantage
- Big 4 experience would be a plus
- 2 years work experience in a corporate/IFRS/financial/management accounting environment is essential
- Able to work under own initiative without close supervision
- Experience of working with Sage/Accpac and other accounting systems
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is essential
- Must be deadline orientated, self-motivated and proactive
- Strong Analytical and organisational skills as well as intellectual with a strong commercial acumen
- Advanced Excel and strong MS Office required
REED specialist recruitment are working with one of the leading Investment Services companies in Malta. They are looking for someone proactive, responsible and diligent to join their highly motivated team of young professionals, who share a passion for their work.
- Execute transactions in equities, fixed income securities & currencies on the local & international exchanges, offering best execution to the firm’s clients
- Maintain a client order book
- Maintain a database of information on trading patterns
- Liaise with client managers on the execution of trades
- Input such trades on the firm’s databases
- Fluent written and spoken Maltese and English
- Have a good understanding of financial markets
- Have a good degree, preferably in finance, with an ambition to further your studies
- Be highly proficient in the use of MS office applications and generally be highly computer literate
- Have very strong numerical skills, attention to detail is essential and be a quick thinker
- Possess strong organisational and time management skills
For our rapidly expanding Malta office we are currently looking for a qualified & enthusiastic
Financial Account Manager.
In this new role the Financial Account Manager will work closely with the Finance Manager and Accounts Associate in assisting with administering accounting records and posting of routine transactions for a rapidly growing portfolio of client companies.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Set-up and maintain (computerised) administrations, financial databases and other reporting
• Prepare periodic financial reports, budgets and cash flow statements;
• Compile and post monthly journal entries;
• Cash management including management of bank accounts and payment instructions, both internally as for clients;
• Prepare statutory financial reports as well as client-specific reports;
• Prepare and file VAT & Tax returns;
• Prepare reporting to third parties e.g. MFSA;
• Interact with the group CFO and assist on special projects;
• Ensure a timely and correct filing of the administrative records;
• Maintain contact with auditors, tax advisors, lawyers, notaries and other involved parties in order to obtain the required information for reporting purposes;
• Perform miscellaneous finance and accounting task, both internally and for clients.
For the above mentioned position, the ideal candidate will have:
• Accounting degree (ACCA, ACA or a Bachelor in Accounting degree or a comparable level achieved through exposure and experience (needs to be qualified as accountant);
• Preferably a minimum of 2 - 3 years relevant work experience;
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAPSE, IFRS);
• Maltese tax and VAT knowledge;
• General interest in international financial/capital markets and financial instruments;
• Entrepreneurial business focus, problem-solving attitude;
• To be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
We are looking for someone that will be accountable for all development team and makes sure stuff gets done.
Initially it will be hands on and working with a team of 3 in-house and 1 external devs, chipping in when required.
They will implement processes and procedures that allow the team to produce extremely high quality work in a timely manner.
While heading the development department, this candidate will be responsible for all works completed by the team and communication with other departments such as design, product managers and content.
An important aspect of the job is to manage the team but to also utilize coding skills to help out on projects on a daily basis. The role will gravitate to more management as the team grows but initially will require involvement in development.
• PHP (OOP, experience with frameworks and systems such as WordPress, Symphony, Zend)
• Templating engines (TWIG, Smarty)
• GIT and versioning systems
• Experience in Scrum
• Implementing Scrum
• Experience with Photoshop
• PHP REST API
• Comprehensive understanding of SDLC
- 5+ years in development
- 2-3 years as a lead or head of development
- Demonstrated excellence in team leading, managing and communication
Reed Specialist Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Account Manager on behalf of one of our clients in the gaming industry . The successful candidate will be based in their Malta office but work very closely with employees based over Europe.
The Account Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining key relationships and ensuring all clients are highly satisfied with the products and service. This role’s main priority is to work with existing clients however there will be an element of attaining new clients and sales.
The role will report to the Head of Business Development based in Germany and will work very closely with the Head of Sales based in the Malta office
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ¾ years’ experience in an Account Manager position specifically within the gaming industry as well CRM experience.
Candidates must speak fluent English and any other language would be advantageous.
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a qualified Accountant with exposure to Maltese Insurance law and regulations. The position is with a large international insurance group who are currently expanding their Malta office.
• Carry out the day to day transactions and checks according to procedures and accounting principles
• Ensure accounts reconciliation and maintain accounts balances exposures
• Carry out payments and banking account reconciliation
• Draw up the monthly management accounts
• Draw up the monthly report to the Group for the consolidated statements in Magnitude
• Assist the Chief Accountant in the preparation of reports and information required for statutory reports to the MFSA, including Solvency II material
• Responsible for the approval of day to day transactions and journal entries in the accounting system (SAP)
• Realize the check and control of invoices to ensure their compliance with approval rules, delegation of power, and purchases procedures
• Draw up the documentary evidences of accounts and the reconciliations with the premium & claims administration IT system (WYNSURE)
• Perform various checks as per the ROP procedures
• Draw up monthly management accounts and reports to the Group, using the Group’s IT system for reporting (MAGNITUDE)
• Prepare the required data for the statutory reports to the MFSA Prepare and realize the Swift bank transfers for the claims benefit payment to the Groups subsidiaries and other payments
• Ensure the bank accounts reconciliation
• Propose changes to procedures and accounting operating modes and suggest solutions to improve them the procedures
• Participate in the improvement of the internal control of the companies.
• In charge of the compilation of the yearly financial statements
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking an Insurance Operations Specialist on behalf of a very interesting international firm for their office in Malta. The company is growing very well and is expanding their products and service lines. The company is multi-cultural, dynamic and offers an excellent work life balance; with people rarely in the office past 5:30pm. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right attitude and willingness to learn and develop.
- Deputise in Operations Managers Absence
- Pilot and implement new programmes
- Contribute to optimisation of the productivity of the platform of claims management of the companies
- Ensure claim management is compliant with regulations, internal process and policies.
- Ensure the quality of service over the claims management.
- Together with Operations Manager, actuaries, BUAS department of Corporate, support the change of existing programmes or the launch of new ones.
- Deliver operational requirements for system evolution.
- Ensure the validation of relevance and non regression testing
- Ensure process conformity with regulations in coordination with Operations Manager and Risk and Compliance Manager
- Develop tools, process and organization of claim handling activity to implement new programmes.
- Contribute to the internal control process of the insurance operation
- Contribute to Audit and/or inspection of the TPA and/or front insurer (Reinsurance inwards activity).
- Ensure the quality of customer service of the claims management process.
- Confirm the data integrated in the management system regarding claims (in order to insure a correct valuation of the provision needed.
- Work towards the homogenisation of the processes across all TPAs
- Keep up to date on technical aspects of the role – products, process and compliance issues
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a Risk & Internal Control Manager on behalf of a very interesting international firm for their office in Malta. The company is growing very well and is expanding their products and service lines. The company is multi-cultural, dynamic and offers an excellent work life balance; with people rarely in the office past 5:30pm. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right attitude and willingness to learn and develop.
- Risk Officer and Internal Controller of the Companies
- Execution of local inspections according to the annual Inspection plan
- Action plan follow up with process owners
- Business continuity plan management/maintenance and testing
- Policy and procedure management and drafting
- Coordination of operational risk mapping and global risk mapping
- Development of risk management tools, methodologies and reporting
- Ensuring compliance with internal processes and policies
- Maintaining compliance with the system of governance requirements under solvency II and promoting sound corporate governance practices
- Formulate yearly inspection planning together with Managing Director according to group rules
- Ensure procedures are written, updated and uploaded in the group intranet tool
- Animate action plan follow up with process owners via an internal control committee and ancillary meetings as necessary
- Coordinate the annual evaluation of the operation risk mapping and global risk mapping
- Coordinate the annual Own Risk and Solvency Assessment
- Coordination with Permanent Control Corporate department to deploy group internal control methodologies
- Animate and spread a sound risk management culture among staff and management via committees, policies, communications
- Coordinate compliance to Solvency II regime with the different involved functions (finance, actuary, product, legal, group audit)
- Manage more specifically the pillar II aspects of Solvency II (and more precisely governance matters)
- Production of Own Risk and Solvency Assessment and regulatory supervisory and public narrative reporting including Solvency and Financial Condition Report and Regular Supervisory Report
- Set up or review frameworks to enhance internal control and risk management practices
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a Legal and Compliance Officer on behalf of a very interesting international firm for their growing office in Malta. Our client wishes to recruit a graduate in law with 5 years’ experience working in the insurance sector or with a good working knowledge of insurance law. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Legal and Compliance Officer will assume the responsibilities of Compliance Officer and Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer of the Companies and will be responsible for all matters of a legal and regulatory/compliance nature and for managing the relationship with the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA). The company is multi-cultural, dynamic and offers an excellent work life balance; with people rarely in the office past 5:30pm. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right attitude and willingness to learn and develop.
- Proactively monitor and report on upcoming regulatory and legislative changes in Malta and the EU, identifying resulting threats and supporting operational functions in the implementation of required changes (including Insurance Distribution Directive, and General Data Protection Regulations);
- Conduct periodical compliance monitoring program in relation to the Companies’ operating jurisdictions;
- Liaise with intra-group legal functions and external legal advisors to ensure compliance with key regulation impacting operating jurisdictions;
- Identify and monitor ongoing compliance issues and progress made by the operational functions to implement required changes;
- Prepare compliance reports to report on regulatory updates and compliance issues;
- Support the complaints management function in complaints resolution, potential litigation and reporting;
- Review and draft contractual documentation and assume contract management duties;
- Assist in the review and drafting of governance policies and procedures; and
- Coordinate company secretarial matters with outsourced Company Secretary.
- Graduate in Law with 5 years’ experience working in the insurance sector or with a working knowledge of insurance law;
- International mind-set;
- Good communication skills, the ability to work within a team and collaborate with various functions and sister companies;
- Proactive with the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrates initiative and project management skills;
- Excellent command of written English;
- Knowledge of French
- Prior approval from the MFSA for similar roles occupied previously will be considered an asset.
REED Specialist Recruitment are searching for an experienced Accountant to work for an international fund administration company in Malta. The company is growing very well and hence the need for new staff members. You will be responsible for the production and filing/delivery of financial reporting for Fund clients and management companies (including but not limited to annual & half yearly financial statements and interim/monthly management accounts), and also for the checking of periodic Fund valuations.
- Preparing monthly, interim, half yearly and annual financial statements for client Funds to a high standard;
- Liaising with/working closely with the operational teams to resolve any issues identified during the accounts preparation process;
- Co-ordinating the audit process of annual audits / half yearly reviews for client Funds and management companies;
- Attending Audit Committee and board meeting where required;
- Liaising with clients with regards to all aspect of financial reporting including but not limited to; deadline setting, deliverables & format of deliverables;
- Releasing and filing financial statements in accordance with set deadlines, both management-set deadlines and appropriate statutory deadlines;
- Ensuring financial statements are compliant with relevant IFRS, and regulations;
- Reviewing financial statements and other financial reporting prepared by other team members; and
- Delivering high quality service to all clients;
- Providing information, dealing with a variety of accounting related queries;
- Updating and bookkeeping for certain clients;
- Reviewing of daily, weekly and monthly fund valuations;
- Ensuring that deadlines are met;
- Compliance with legal requirements, industry regulations and organisational policies;
- Other duties as requested from time to time.
- Professional accounting qualification, ie ACA, ACCA (or other jurisdictional equivalents).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel;
- Strong numerical, administration and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Up to date knowledge of developments IFRS.
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a Trade & Settlements Officer on behalf of an international bank. They are a young dynamic team of professionals who have a great work environment and rewards performance.
The ideal candidate should:
• Be in possession of a Degree in Banking & Finance or related discipline or Diploma from a reputable college, institute or professional organisation demonstrating further education and training or have previous experience in a similar position with a reputable firm.
• Have good working knowledge of capital markets placing trades in the market and effecting settlements and capable to process corporate actions.
• Minimum three years experience.
• Be fluent in English, eloquent and smart looking with very good communication skills.
• Have good IT and organisational skills.
• Be able to work in a team and willing to learn new skills.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Managing a candidate portfolio
• Liaising with clients
• Taking client briefs for new roles
• Attending client meetings
• Oganising candidate registrations
• Hitting and exceeding KPI’s
• Attracting new business
• Managing the counter offer process
• Attending networking events
The Software Developer will assist in the development of in-house web solutions to meet business needs. He/she will be a self-motivated, team player, results oriented person with problem solving and good communication skills and the ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
• Design, develop, deploy and maintain solutions based on business requirements
• Utilise object oriented design principals, practices and patterns to ensure the code base is reusable and maintainable
• Work in a collaborative development environment, with a team of developers and business analysts, to understand the functional requirements and ensure timely delivery of high quality products
• Work in an agile environment
• Provide technical support for new and existing applications with assistance from senior developers as required
• Participate in code and design reviews
• Be part of a highly productive, fast-paced team
Assists the ICT Infrastructure Manager responsible for developing, managing and administering EC’s global ICT Infrastructure and assets. Understands the role of ICT infrastructure in a large, multi-site enterprise. You must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills to address the many challenges that you will encounter. You should be confident in your ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the company; to work on your own initiative; to be a team leader as well as a team player and to cope with the competing work demands in a methodical and a calm manner.
• Shadow the ICT Infrastructure Manager to ensure full operational continuity in his absence.
• Administer, troubleshoot and optimise a wide range of predominantly Microsoft technologies hosted both on-premises and in the Cloud.
• Assist the Head of IT and ICT Infrastructure Manager to create and document internal and external ICT processes.
• Extend the envelope of opportunity during which key maintenance is carried out on Production ICT Systems.
• Extend the availability of L3 Support to service EC’s North America Centres
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Cisco CCNA Certification.
• Microsoft MCITP Certification
• Experience in a similar position within an International Organization
Experience working with geographically dispersed sites
Experience working with IaaS
Reed Specialist Recruitment is actively seeking to recruit a Company Secretary on behalf a leading Financial Services institution based in Malta. This role calls for a mature and experienced candidate who aspires to work within a dynamic team.
Day to day supervision of the Corporate Secretarial function
Organisation, attendance and minuting investment committee, board and shareholder meetings
Preparation of board packs
Liaison with Directors, Promoters, Investment Advisors, Shareholders and other parties to arrange meetings and resolutions
Ensure that the relevant statutory filings and notifications are made on behalf of client and group entities;
Maintain and update the AcuFund system for client statutory matters as well as maintenance of statutory records of client and group entities;
Assist with ensuring that Companies administered are operating within the scope of their Memorandum and Articles of Association, law, regulation and stock exchange obligations;
Assist with the maintenance of meeting and corporate reporting schedules
Assisting with launches and changes to client entities
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar position with extensive knowledge of company law and regulations in Malta. Candidates must also understand corporate governance principles and all other aspects of administration of funds and related entities.
Experience in the local financial services market is crucial.
1. Prepare client financial statements for senior review;
2. Maintain bookkeeping records of client entities on a regular basis as required;
3. To provide ad-hoc valuations, reconciliations and other financial reports as may be required by clients;
4. Liaison with relevant parties, both internal and external, to obtain information to allow the preparation of financial statements and returns;
5. Provide accounting support and/or be first point of contact to internal parties;
6. To prepare (in good time) VAT, statutory and other returns for senior review;
7. Ensuring service standards and company policies and procedures are adhered to;
8. Use best judgement to highlight and report significant matters to Senior Administrators and /or Management;
9. Maintain exceptional levels of service across the portfolio at all times with the emphasis on “adding value”;
10. To support existing client relationships as required.
REED Specialist Recruitment are seeking a project manager on behalf of a financial services company. Reporting to the COO the successful candidate will be managing multiple activities whilst ensuring the delivery of each project matches the quality and expectation of the business and its clients.
- Leading and defining the planning and project implementation
- Defining project scope, task, resource and deliverables
- Development of full scale project plans
- Management of project budget, resources and timelines
- Tracking of project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Reporting upwards to management and sideways to peers
- Presenting timely reports defining progress, problems and solutions
- Managing changes to schedules as necessary to achieve new targets
- Managing projects closure review, analysis and lessons learnt
- The ideal candidate would have minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role with e-commerce, gaming and/or finance sector;
- Technical background would be considered an asset.
- He/she would be PRINCE2 certified or equivalent, and have the ability to manage people directly or by influence.
- Excellent command of the English language is required, and any additional language would be con-sidered an asset.
Client Investment Manager required for a dynamic Investment Management company.
My client is looking for YOU – their next Client Investment Manager to work in a growing company which truly values their staff members, constantly invests in state of the art portfolio management systems and IT infrastructure and allows each team member to develop and contribute towards providing investment solutions for their clients.
As a valued member of the team your responsibilities will be to:
- Organise the Advisory clients in a way which will create an easy means of regular communication with these clients;
- Communicate any investment idea which is identified by the firm to the appropriate client in accordance with the investment mandate given to us by the client in terms of risk and return;
- Regularly review the advisory portfolios to ensure that the investments held are in line with the respective investment parameters;
- Communicate any necessary changes in structure to either reflect changes in market conditions or changes in the client’s investment profile;
- Prepare investment recommendations for new clients;
- Handle a number of execution-only clients; and
- Start building a portfolio of Discretionary clients.
Being educated to a minimum of degree level, your main strengths will be your client facing skills. A minimum of 2 years experience in Client Relationship/Wealth Management is needed. You will need to be forward thinking, bringing new investment ideas to the company. This is a great opportunity to work for a company which values you and your opinion and as such you will be involved in the weekly investment committee meetings. You will report directly to the director responsible for client management within the firm with whom regular meetings will be held to keep you very much involved. Excellent written and spoken English and Maltese language skills are needed.
This company expects you to regularly interact with the firm’s clients on an individual, personal level in order to build and strength the company-client relationship which will translate in a better service offering. On the other hand, the company also takes the same approach with its employees which allows it to create and maintain a good, strong bond with its employees.
This is an opportunity to be part of a technical and motivated team which is navigating in a growing and exciting market – to be a member of a family which is dedicated and focused in what it does.