global recruitment specialists
Sales Associate Job Description
Wondering what a Sales Associate does? Read our example job descriptions.
Overview/ summary of the role
Sales associates are in charge of selling items, services and products offered by the business they work for. Sales associates need to have a great understanding of the products they sell, be available to help customers when needed and make sure the sales process is smooth. A Sales associate will be expected to achieve sales goals and customer expectations. They will report to the sales or store manager. A sales associate will need to be able to work flexible hours as shifts may be on weekends, nights and around busy seasons shifts may be long and frequent.
- Provide an excellent services to keep customers pleased.
- Go above and beyond to keep sales high.
- Have a strong up to date knowledge of all products sold by the company and current promotions within the company
- Maintain a professional, polite and a happy attitude towards customers and colleges
- Prioritise the customers need and make them feel like the most important person
- Engaging with the customer to find out their questions and needs
- Handel complaints in a polite and helpful manner
- Drive sales by delivering great customer service
- Make sure transactions are gone through correctly
- Keep an up to date inventory record
- Have Maths and English GCSE
- Good customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience will be desirable
Through the use of networking within the store, making outside connections, gaining relevant skills and experience with slightly more training your career development may be a job such as:
- Sales Manager
- Sales Associate for a larger more prestige business